Expect a high-scoring game when the San Francisco Dons (17-10, 6-6 WCC) challenge the second-ranked Gonzaga Bulldogs (26-1, 12-0 WCC) at McCarthey Athletic Center. The game will air on ESPN2 at 11 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
San Francisco Dons vs. Gonzaga Bulldogs Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Bulldogs defeated the Pepperdine Waves 89-77, while the Dons beat the Santa Clara Broncos 70-61.
San Francisco played a perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.7 (below their season average of 29.7) and a turnover percentage of 14.6 (better than their season average of 15.6). Santa Clara had marks of 15.8 and 19.2, respectively, for those same stats. The Bulldogs, on the other hand, knocked down 19 of their 27 free throws (70.4 percent) and held the Waves to an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.4 (below their season average of 27.1). Gonzaga was led by Filip Petrusev, who finished with 27 points and 12 rebounds. Jimbo Lull, meanwhile was a key piece for San Francisco with 16 points and 14 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Petrusev led the Bulldogs to an 83-79 win. He notched a double-double with 23 points and 11 rebounds. One of Gonzaga’s largest advantages was getting to the free throw line. They had 32 free throw attempts, while San Francisco had 25.
Expect this one to be a clinic on boxing out as two of the nation’s top rebounding teams clash. The Bulldogs are among the NCAA’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 39th in offensive rebounding percentage at 33.1 percent. Meanwhile, San Francisco ranks 27th in the NCAA at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 76.5 percent.
San Francisco Dons at Gonzaga Bulldogs ATS Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Gonzaga, ATS Winner – San Francisco, O/U – Under
- Gonzaga ranks sixth in assists per game (17.3) while San Francisco ranks 200th (11.9).
- The Bulldogs rank 46th in steals per game (7.9) while the Dons rank 102nd in steals allowed per game (6.2).
- Gonzaga blocks 4.0 opponent shots per game, which ranks 57th in the NCAA. San Francisco ranks 78th in blocks allowed per game (3.0).
- The Dons rank 30th in three pointers attempted per game (26.7) while the Bulldogs rank 213th (20.0).
- Gonzaga ranks 14th in rebounds per game (40.3) while San Francisco ranks 123rd (36.1).
- The Dons’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.8, down from 6.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 86.8 points per game (1.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.0 points per game (3.7 above their season average).