The Cal State Fullerton Titans (3-8) and the San Francisco Dons (8-2) face off at Titan Gym. The Titans look to put an end to their five-game losing streak. The game starts at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 14, 2019.
San Francisco Dons at Cal State Fullerton Titans Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Titans lost to the San Diego Toreros, 66-54, while the Dons beat the California Golden Bears, 76-64.
San Francisco dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 14.1 (better than their season average of 14.3) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.517 (below their season average of 0.543). For those same stats, California had marks of 19.7 and 0.460, respectively. Cal State Fullerton, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 11.2 (better than their season average of 17.6). Davon Clare fueled Cal State Fullerton with 12 points and 10 rebounds. San Francisco received a boost from Jimbo Lull, who recorded 20 points and eight rebounds.
The Dons won the sole contest between these two teams last season, 68-54. San Francisco had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.588 vs. 0.418). Cal State Fullerton, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (27.3 vs. 20.0). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Second-chance opportunities could be rare for Cal State Fullerton in this meeting. The Titans are among the nation’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 329th in offensive rebounding percentage at 21.1 percent. Meanwhile, San Francisco ranks 39th in the nation at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 77.9 percent.
San Francisco Dons at Cal State Fullerton Titans Betting Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Cal State Fullerton, ATS Winner – Cal State Fullerton, O/U – Over
- San Francisco ranks 66th in three pointers attempted per game (29.7) while Cal State Fullerton ranks 234th (18.5).
- The Titans rank 41st in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Dons rank 123rd (2.8).
- San Francisco allows the 20th-fewest steals per game (5.3) while Cal State Fullerton ranks 40th (5.5).
- The Dons rank 101st in assists per game (12.7) while the Titans rank 243rd (9.6).
- San Francisco averages 39.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 83rd in the nation. Cal State Fullerton ranks 187th in rebounds allowed per game (36.5).
- The Dons’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.6, down from 13.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Titans have scored an average of 57.8 points per game (2.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.0 points per game (0.6 below their season average).