To commence their season, the San Diego Toreros will travel to San Jose State Event Center and meet the San Jose State Spartans (1-0). San Diego opened as a 2-point favorite, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 139.5 points. Tip-off is set for 5 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 12, 2017.
San Diego Toreros at San Jose State Spartans Free Preview
The Spartans will look to maintain momentum after thoroughly outplaying the Antelope Valley Pioneers in their last matchup, 97-45. San Jose State rallied around Ryan Welage, who was the top scorer from either team with 30 points on 10-for-12 shooting. San Jose State played a flawless game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.592 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.1. For those same stats, Antelope Valley was 0.269 and 18.4, respectively.
Last season, San Diego did not reach the tournament following a 13-18 regular season campaign.
It could be a tough game for San Jose State on the offensive glass. Since the 2016-17 season, the Spartans rank 270th in offensive rebounding percentage (26.8 percent), while San Diego ranks 32nd in defensive rebounding percentage (74.8 percent).
The Toreros were 13-18 straight up (SU) and 16-11 against the spread (ATS) last season. Of San Diego’s 27 games last year, 14 finished under the projected point total.
Meanwhile, the Spartans, have records of 15-16 SU and 12-16 ATS since last season. Over that same time frame, San Jose State’s games have gone over the projected point total 57.1 percent of the time.
San Diego Toreros vs. San Jose State Spartans Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – San Jose State, ATS Winner – San Jose State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Spartans rank 101st in assists per game (14.4) while the Toreros rank 248th (12.1).
- San Jose State ranks 223rd in rebounds per game (34.4) while San Diego ranks 263rd (33.2).
- San Jose State ranks 68th in blocks per game (4.2) while San Diego ranks 270th (1.7).
- The Toreros rank 67th in three pointers attempted per game (23.9) while the Spartans rank 233rd (19.1).
- San Jose State ranks 122nd in steals per game (6.5) while San Diego ranks 281st (3.9).