The third-ranked Gonzaga Bulldogs (27-2, 13-1 WCC), the country’s top scoring team, will square off against the San Diego Toreros (9-20, 2-12 WCC) at McCarthey Athletic Center. Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
San Diego Toreros at Gonzaga Bulldogs ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last game. The Bulldogs fell to the 23rd-ranked BYU Cougars, 91-78, while the Toreros got blown out by the Saint Mary’s Gaels, 92-63.
San Diego did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (10-14; 71.4 percent) while Gonzaga did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (23-28; 82.1 percent). Gonzaga rallied around Corey Kispert, who contributed 16 points and six rebounds. Yauhen Massalski, meanwhile played a key role for San Diego with 13 points and eight rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Joel Ayayi led the Bulldogs to a 94-50 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 20 points. Gonzaga won the rebounding battle. The Bulldogs had more offensive rebounds (17 vs. 8), defensive rebounds (30 vs. 19) and total rebounds (47 vs. 27).
Gonzaga should have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Bulldogs currently rank first in offensive efficiency, while San Diego ranks 182nd in defensive efficiency. Moreover, the Toreros rank 287th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.196), while the Bulldogs rank fifth in opponents’ FTA rate (0.146).
San Diego Toreros at Gonzaga Bulldogs ATS Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Gonzaga, ATS Winner – San Diego, O/U – Under
- Gonzaga ranks 16th in rebounds per game (40.2) while San Diego ranks 217th (34.1).
- The Bulldogs average 3.9 blocks per game, which ranks 61st in the country. The Toreros rank 88th in blocks allowed per game (3.1).
- The Bulldogs rank seventh in assists per game (17.1) while the Toreros rank 171st (12.6).
- Gonzaga ranks 43rd in steals per game (7.9) while San Diego ranks 177th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- The Toreros’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.4, up from 5.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 82.6 points per game (5.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.8 points per game (2.2 above their season average).