Don’t expect a fast-paced game when the seventh-ranked San Diego State Aztecs (15-0, 4-0 MWC) travel to Wyoming to take on the Cowboys (5-11, 0-4 MWC). The game gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 8, 2020.
San Diego State Aztecs at Wyoming Cowboys Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Cowboys fell to the Colorado State Rams, 72-61, while the Aztecs beat the Utah State Aggies, 77-68.
San Diego State was 9-20 on three pointers (45.0 percent). Utah State, meanwhile, was 6-23 (26.1 percent). Wyoming, on the other hand, forced Colorado State into a turnover percentage of 21.5 (above their season average of 17.4). Hunter Maldonado had a good game for Wyoming, recording 25 points and six rebounds. Malachi Flynn was a key piece for San Diego State with 22 points and five rebounds.
The Aztecs won the lone contest between these two teams last year, 84-54. The Aztecs’ 26.9 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over the Cowboys, who had a rate of 13.2. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Wyoming might struggle to put up points as they square off against one of the country’s best defenses. San Diego State ranks eighth in defensive efficiency while the Cowboys rank 340th in offensive efficiency. The Aztecs should have an advantage in terms of ball security. They rank 38th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.8 percent), while the Cowboys force the 91st-fewest turnovers in the NCAA (opponents’ turnover percentage of 18.4 percent).
San Diego State at Wyoming ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – San Diego State, ATS Winner – San Diego State, O/U – Over
- San Diego State ranks 36th in assists per game (15.9) while Wyoming ranks 236th (10.0).
- The Aztecs rank 102nd in steals per game (6.9) while the Cowboys rank 142nd in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- San Diego State averages 21.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 167th in the nation. Wyoming ranks 169th in three pointers allowed per game (23.0).
- The Aztecs rank 88th in rebounds per game (38.2) while the Cowboys rank 279th (30.1).
- San Diego State ranks 13th in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while Wyoming ranks 62nd (2.9).
- The Cowboys’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.8, down from 5.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Aztecs have scored an average of 76.6 points per game (0.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 55.4 points per game (1.4 below their season average).