The Sacramento State Hornets (1-3) and the San Diego State Aztecs (3-1) square off in the Wooden Legacy at Titan Gym. Tip-off is scheduled for 1 a.m. ET on Thursday, November 23, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
San Diego State Aztecs vs. Sacramento State Hornets Betting Preview
In the Aztecs last contest, they dismantled the Eastern Illinois Panthers, 94-63. Matt Mitchell was the games leading scorer with 31 points on 10-for-14 shooting. San Diego State dominated every stat category in the game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.279 (above their season average of 0.221) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.631 (above their season average of 0.526). For those same stats, Eastern Illinois was 0.091 and 0.432, respectively.
The Hornets are trying to rebound after their 64-47 loss to the UC Davis Aggies in their last contest. Justin Strings was Sacramento States high scorer with 17 points on 6-for-14 shooting. UC Davis offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over Sacramento State. The Aggies had a rate of 27.8 (above their season average of 21.3), while the Hornets posted a mark of 20.0 (below the 34.0 mark opponents have averaged against UC Davis this season).
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the nations slowest-paced teams face off. Sacramento State ranks 273rd in possessions per game (67.7) and San Diego State is 281st (67.6) since last season.
San Diego State Aztecs vs. Sacramento State Hornets Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – San Diego State, ATS Winner – San Diego State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Hornets average 4.3 blocks per game, which ranks 62nd in the nation. The Aztecs rank 155th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- San Diego State ranks 117th in rebounds per game (36.8) while Sacramento State ranks 181st in rebounds allowed per game (35.3).
- San Diego State ranks 116th in three pointers attempted per game (22.4) while Sacramento State ranks 313th (16.3).
- The Aztecs rank 85th in steals per game (6.9) while the Hornets rank 270th (4.9).
- San Diego State ranks 39th in assists allowed per game (11.4) while Sacramento State ranks 198th (13.8).