The Arizona State Sun Devils (1-0) will be at home in Wells-Fargo Arena when they take on the San Diego State Aztecs (1-0). Neither team is favored and the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 153 points. Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 14, 2017, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
San Diego State Aztecs at Arizona State Sun Devils Betting Preview
In the Aztecs last game, they won big over the San Diego Christian Hawks, 91-52. Malik Pope was the games high scorer with 20 points on 9-for-11 shooting. San Diego State dominated every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.386 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.7. For those same stats, San Diego Christian was 0.047 and 19.5, respectively.
The Sun Devils come into this game after dismantling the Idaho State Bengals, 94-74, resulting in a push. Arizona State received a boost from DeQuon Lake, who put up 24 points and eight rebounds. Arizona State played a flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.4 and a turnover percentage of 12.6. Idaho State recorded marks of 21.6 and 16.9, respectively, for those same stats. The two teams combined to score 168 points, which was over the O/U total of 157.
It will be a battle of conflicting tempos as the fast-breaking Sun Devils will look to push the more methodical Aztecs. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Sun Devils rank 66th in possessions per game while the Aztecs are 293rd.
The Aztecs are 20-14 straight up (SU) since last season, but are just 9-16-4 against the spread (ATS). Since last season, games including San Diego State have gone under the O/U total 55.2 percent of the time.
The Sun Devils, on the other hand, are 16-18 SU and 15-16-2 ATS since last season. Games featuring Arizona State have had a tendency to finish over the O/U total over that same time frame (60.6 percent).
The Sun Devils won the lone contest against the Aztecs last season, 74-63. The Sun Devils played a nearly flawless game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.537 and a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 41.9. The Aztecs recorded marks of 0.421 and 36.4, respectively, for those same stats.
San Diego State Aztecs at Arizona State Sun Devils Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – San Diego State, ATS Winner – San Diego State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Aztecs rank 25th in blocks per game (5.0) while the Sun Devils rank 210th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- Arizona State is 44th in the nation with 5.2 steals allowed per game while San Diego State is 57th with 5.4 steals allowed per game.
- San Diego State ranks 31st in assists allowed per game (11.2) while Arizona State ranks 305th (18.8).
- The Aztecs rank 113th in three pointers attempted per game (22.3) while the Sun Devils rank 305th in three pointers allowed per game (25.3).
- San Diego State ranks 115th in rebounds per game (36.6) while Arizona State ranks 307th in rebounds allowed per game (39.4).