The San Diego State Aztecs (8-5) will be at Taco Bell Arena to clash against the Boise State Broncos (6-8, 1-0 MWC) in a MWC matchup. Action begins at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 5, 2019, and can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
San Diego State Aztecs vs. Boise State Broncos Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Broncos lost a close one to the Idaho State Bengals, 72-70, while the Aztecs were victorious over the UAPB Golden Lions, 76-60.
San Diego State played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 15.4 and a free throw rate of 0.286. UAPB had marks of 22.5 and 0.214, respectively, for those same stats. Boise State, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (11.1 vs. 15.3). Boise State was led by RJ Williams, who contributed 15 points and six rebounds. Jalen McDaniels, meanwhile played a pivotal role for San Diego State with 15 points, nine rebounds and five assists.
This was a highly contested series last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Aztecs won the last game 72-64. The Aztecs’ 10.8 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Broncos, who had a mark of 21.3. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
McDaniels has been playing at a high level as of late for San Diego State, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
The high-octane offense of San Diego State (67th in the country with an offensive efficiency of 111.8) will square off against the mid-tier defense of Boise State (194th in the country with a defensive efficiency of 101.3). The Aztecs should have the edge on that end of the court.
San Diego State Aztecs at Boise State Broncos Free Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Boise State, ATS Winner – San Diego State, O/U – Under
- San Diego State ranks 39th in assists per game (15.9) while Boise State ranks 211th (11.2).
- The Broncos are 25th in the NCAA with 2.4 blocks allowed per game while the Aztecs are 26th with 2.5 blocks allowed per game.
- The Aztecs rank 136th in rebounds per game (36.2) while the Broncos rank 227th (33.2).
- Boise State ranks 195th in three pointers attempted per game (20.6) while San Diego State ranks 199th in three pointers allowed per game (25.0).
- The Aztecs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.8, down from 6.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Broncos have scored an average of 72.8 points per game (2.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.8 points per game (1.7 above their season average).