The Utah Jazz (28-28) welcome the San Antonio Spurs (35-22) to Vivint Smart Home Arena. The Jazz look to lengthen their nine-game winning streak. Action starts at 9 p.m. ET on Monday, February 12, 2018.
San Antonio Spurs vs. Utah Jazz ATS Preview
The Spurs were beaten by the Golden State Warriors in their last contest, 122-105. With 20 points on 9-for-13 shooting, Kyle Anderson led San Antonio in scoring. Golden State made 12 of their 27 three pointers (44.4 percent). San Antonio, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (8.9 vs. 14.9).
The last time the Jazz played, they blew out the Portland Trail Blazers, 115-96. Utah rallied around Donovan Mitchell, who led the team in scoring with 27 points on 10-for-24 shooting. Utah played a nearly flawless game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 34.0 (above their season average of 20.2) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.540 (above their season average of 0.526). Portland was 12.5 and 0.463, respectively, for those same stats.
This meeting figures to be low-scoring as two of the NBA’s top defenses go head-to-head. Utah ranks fifth in defensive efficiency (104.5) and San Antonio is second (102.1).
Of San Antonio’s 57 games, 31 have finished under the O/U total, while 28 of Utah’s 55 games have finished under the projected point total. The Spurs have the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (35-22 vs. 28-28), but the Jazz have the better against the spread (ATS) record (30-25 vs. 28-25-4).
Rudy Gobert has really been playing well over the last five games for Utah, averaging 13.6 points, 10.4 rebounds and 2.6 blocks per game.
These two teams have already met twice this year, with the Jazz winning both. Ricky Rubio scored a game-high 34 points in the most recent matchup, in which the Jazz beat the Spurs 120-111, covering as 6.5-point underdogs. He also recorded nine assists. The two teams combined to score 231 points, which was 36 points above the projected point total of 195 points. Utah made good use of their 36 trips to the charity stripe, making 30 of them (83.3 percent). San Antonio, on the other hand, was 13-18 (72.2 percent).
San Antonio Spurs at Utah Jazz Free Prediction
NBA Pick: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Jazz, O/U – Over
- The Jazz rank third in fast break points allowed per game (9.5) while the Spurs rank 13th (11.4).
- Utah ranks ninth in points off turnovers per game (17.0) while San Antonio ranks 11th in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.7).
- Utah ranks fourth in second chance points allowed per game (11.0) while San Antonio ranks 12th (11.7).
- San Antonio is 11-15-3 ATS on the road with 18 unders, 10 overs and 1 push.
- Utah is 16-9 ATS at home with 15 unders and 10 overs.
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, San Antonio is 23-10 and Utah is 17-4.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Jazz are 23-11 and the Spurs are 28-5.
- The Jazz rank fourth in assists allowed per game (20.5) while the Spurs rank seventh (21.1).
- Utah ranks second in steals per game (9.0) while San Antonio ranks 19th in steals allowed per game (7.9).
- The Jazz rank 13th in three pointers attempted per game (29.2) while the Spurs rank 26th (24.6).
- San Antonio ranks third in blocks per game (5.5) while Utah ranks 14th (4.8).
- Utah is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, San Antonio is 1-4 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Jazz’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.6, up from 1.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Spurs have scored an average of 108.4 points per game (6.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 105.8 points per game (7.7 above their season average).