The Oklahoma City Thunder (34-22) will be 5.5-point favorites at home in Chesapeake Energy Arena when they clash against the San Antonio Spurs (24-31). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 223.5 points and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southwest at 7 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 23, 2020.
San Antonio Spurs vs. Oklahoma City Thunder ATS Odds
Both teams covered in their last outing. The Thunder (1.5-point favorites) defeated the Denver Nuggets 113-101, while the Spurs (7-point underdog) beat the Utah Jazz 113-104. The Oklahoma City game finished 2 points under the projected point total of 216, while the San Antonio game finished 6.5 points under the projected point total of 223.5.
The Spurs had a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 5.5 (better than their season average of 10.8) and held the Jazz to an offensive rebounding percentage of 12.8 (below their season average of 21.3). Oklahoma City, on the other hand, played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.8 (better than their season average of 11.8) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.1 (above their season average of 19.4). Denver recorded marks of 17.9 and 21.1, respectively, for those same stats. Steven Adams was a key piece for Oklahoma City with 19 points and 17 rebounds. Dejounte Murray played well for San Antonio, putting up 23 points and seven rebounds.
In three matchups against each other this year, the Spurs have won two. The two teams combined to put up 220 points in their most recent game, which was just over the projected point total of 219.5. San Antonio won 114-106, covering as an 8-point underdog. San Antonio was successful at getting and making free throws. The Spurs made 25 of their 27 free throws (92.6 percent), while the Thunder were 17-21 (81.0 percent). In the loss, Chris Paul led all scorers with 31 points.
Of the Spurs’ 55 games, 33 have finished over the total. San Antonio heads into the contest with records of 24-31 straight up (SU) and 23-30-2 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to San Antonio, just over half of Thunder games have finished under the total. Further, Oklahoma City is 34-22 SU and 36-19-1 ATS.
The Spurs’ Derrick White has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 13 points,4.6 assists per game. Meanwhile, Adams has averaged 10 rebounds,9.4 points,1.2 blocks during that same time frame for the Thunder.
Second-chance points might be hard to find for Oklahoma City in this battle. The Thunder are among the NBA’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 30th in offensive rebounding percentage at 19.6 percent. Meanwhile, San Antonio ranks fifth in the NBA at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 79.2 percent.
Spurs at Thunder Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Thunder, ATS Winner – Thunder, O/U – Over
- The Spurs rank 29th in second chance points per game (11.1) while the Thunder rank last (10.7).
- Oklahoma City ranks fifth in assists allowed per game (22.8) while San Antonio ranks 26th (25.7).
- The Thunder rank 21st in points in the paint per game (46.4) while the Spurs rank 27th (43.3).
- Oklahoma City ranks 27th in three pointers attempted per game (29.6) while San Antonio ranks 29th (28.2).
- Oklahoma City ranks fifth in blocks allowed per game (4.2) while San Antonio ranks sixth (4.3).
- The Thunder rank first in fast break points allowed per game (10.4) while the Spurs rank 19th (13.6).
- The Spurs are second in the NBA with 6.7 steals allowed per game while the Thunder are third with 6.8 steals allowed per game.
- Oklahoma City ranks 16th in points off turnovers per game (16.6) while San Antonio ranks 25th (14.7).
- In games where they allow under 100 points, Oklahoma City is 7-3 and San Antonio is 2-0.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Spurs are 24-26 and the Thunder are 33-14.
- Oklahoma City is 15-14-1 ATS at home, while San Antonio is 14-13-2 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 19 of the Spurs’ 29 road games, while 15 of the Thunder’s 30 home games have gone over.
- The Thunder are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Spurs are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Oklahoma City has 3 overs and 2 unders, while San Antonio has 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Thunder’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.0, up from 2.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Spurs have scored an average of 113.2 points per game (matching their season average) and allowed an average of 116.8 points per game (2.5 above their season average).