The Cleveland Cavaliers (19-61) welcome the San Antonio Spurs (46-34) to Quicken Loans Arena. The Cavaliers are 9-point underdogs and will attempt to snap their eight-game losing streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 219 points and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Ohio at 3 p.m. ET on Sunday, April 7, 2019.
San Antonio Spurs at Cleveland Cavaliers ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Spurs (7-point favorites) covered in a 129-112 win over the Washington Wizards. The Cavaliers fell to the Golden State Warriors, 120-114, but did cover as 15.5-point underdogs. Both games went over their projected point totals. The San Antonio game finished 15 points over the projected point total of 226, while the Cleveland game finished 9 points over the projected point total of 225.
San Antonio played a nearly perfect game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 32.4 (above their season average of 20.8) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.615 (above their season average of 0.533). For those same stats, Washington had marks of 23.1 and 0.528, respectively. Cleveland, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 4.5 (better than their season average of 11.6). Larry Nance Jr. was a key piece for Cleveland with 13 points and 14 rebounds. San Antonio, meanwhile, was led by LaMarcus Aldridge, who finished with 24 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, DeMar DeRozan led the Spurs to a 116-110 victory. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 25 points. San Antonio was unable to cover as a 12-point favorite and the two teams combined for 226 points, which was over the projected point total of 217. San Antonio’s 0.141 free throw rate was their largest advantage over Cleveland, who had a rate of 0.087.
Of the Spurs’ 80 games, 43 have finished over the total. San Antonio holds records of 46-34 straight up (SU) and 42-36-2 against the spread (ATS).
Games featuring the Cavaliers have a tendency to go over the total (55.0 percent). Moreover, Cleveland owns records of 19-61 SU and 37-41-2 ATS.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the league’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Cleveland ranks 30th in possessions per game (98.7) and San Antonio is 24th (100.3). Also, the Spurs rank second in turnover percentage (11.7 percent), while the Cavaliers rank 27th in opponents’ turnover percentage (12.1 percent).
Spurs vs. Cavaliers Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Spurs, ATS Winner – Spurs, O/U – Over
- The Cavaliers rank 24th in points in the paint per game (44.7) while the Spurs rank 28th (43.4).
- San Antonio ranks fourth in blocks allowed per game (4.1) while Cleveland ranks 24th (5.6).
- The Spurs rank fourth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.8) while the Cavaliers rank 16th (16.7).
- Cleveland ranks 24th in three pointers attempted per game (29.1) while San Antonio ranks 29th (25.3).
- Cleveland ranks fourth in steals allowed per game (6.9) while San Antonio ranks eighth (7.1).
- The Cavaliers rank 10th in second chance points per game (13.6) while the Spurs rank 28th (11.6).
- The Spurs rank 21st in rebounds per game (44.6) while the Cavaliers rank 26th (42.8).
- Cleveland ranks 26th in fast break points per game (10.7) while San Antonio ranks 28th (10.3).
- San Antonio ranks 15th in assists per game (24.6) while Cleveland ranks 28th (20.7).
- Cleveland is 6-3 when they allow below 100 points, while San Antonio is 14-3.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the Cavaliers are 17-34 and the Spurs are 45-22.
- San Antonio is 18-20-2 ATS on the road, while Cleveland is 19-20 ATS at home.
- The Spurs have 25 overs and 15 unders in 40 road games.
- In 39 home games, the Cavaliers have 23 overs and 16 unders.
- The Cavaliers are 2-3 ATS over their last five games, while the Spurs are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Cleveland has 4 overs and 1 under, while San Antonio has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Cavaliers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 11.6, up from 9.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Spurs have scored an average of 110.6 points per game (1.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 111.8 points per game (1.4 above their season average).