The San Antonio Spurs (5-5), 1.5-point underdogs, will travel to the Target Center to square off with the Minnesota Timberwolves (6-4). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 227.5 points and it will air on Fox Sports – Southwest at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 13, 2019.
San Antonio Spurs at Minnesota Timberwolves Betting Odds
The last time the Timberwolves played, they topped the Detroit Pistons, 120-114, as 4-point underdogs. The Spurs, meanwhile, were beat by the Memphis Grizzlies, 113-109, and failed to cover as 10.5-point underdogs. The Minnesota game finished 10.5 points over the projected point total of 223.5, while the San Antonio game went 1.5 points under the projected point total of 223.5.
Minnesota played a nearly perfect game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 28.9 (above their season average of 23.7) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.590 (above their season average of 0.490). Detroit was 26.1 and 0.540, respectively, for those same stats. San Antonio, meanwhile, was en fuego from beyond the arc (12-30; 40.0 percent). Andrew Wiggins was a key piece for Minnesota with 33 points, six rebounds and five assists. Meanwhile, San Antonio received a boost from Rudy Gay, who recorded 18 points and eight rebounds.
The Spurs took this series last year, securing victories in three out of four games. In the most recent contest, San Antonio won 116-113. San Antonio had a better effective field goal percentage (0.567 vs. 0.482). Minnesota, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (9.8 vs. 14.4). This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Of the Spurs’ 10 games, five have finished over, four have finished under and one has pushed. San Antonio comes into the game with records of 5-5 straight up (SU) and 2-8 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Timberwolves’ 10 games, 7 have finished over the total. Further, Minnesota is 6-4 SU and 5-4-1 ATS.
It will be a battle of conflicting styles as the fast-breaking Timberwolves (ranked first in the league in possessions per game) will look to push the slower-paced Spurs (14th in possessions per game).
Spurs at Timberwolves Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Spurs, ATS Winner – Spurs, O/U – Over
- The Spurs average 5.5 blocks per game, which ranks eighth in the league. The Timberwolves rank 19th in blocks allowed per game (6.0).
- Minnesota ranks second in steals per game (10.1) while San Antonio ranks 25th (5.7).
- The Spurs rank fifth in fast break points per game (16.2) while the Timberwolves rank 25th (10.9).
- Minnesota ranks seventh in points in the paint per game (51.4) while San Antonio ranks 26th (43.6).
- Minnesota ranks fifth in second chance points per game (14.9) while San Antonio ranks 21st (12.2).
- The Timberwolves rank third in three pointers attempted per game (40.3) while the Spurs rank 26th (26.5).
- The Spurs average 48.9 rebounds per game, which ranks second in the NBA. The Timberwolves rank 20th in rebounds allowed per game (47.7).
- San Antonio averages 24.0 assists per game, which ranks 13th in the league. Minnesota ranks 17th in assists allowed per game (24.2).
- Minnesota ranks seventh in points off turnovers per game (19.1) while San Antonio ranks 28th (14.4).
- Minnesota is 1-0 when they allow under 100 points.
- When reaching the century mark, the Timberwolves are 6-2 and the Spurs are 5-3.
- Minnesota is 1-2-1 ATS at home, while San Antonio is 1-2 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 2 of the Spurs’ 3 road games, while 3 of the Timberwolves’ 4 home games have gone over.
- The Timberwolves are 2-3 ATS over their last five games, while the Spurs are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Minnesota has 4 overs and 1 under, while San Antonio has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Timberwolves’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.8, up from 0.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Spurs have scored an average of 108.2 points per game (4.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 114.2 points per game (1.5 above their season average).