The Minnesota Timberwolves (8-5) will be at home in Target Center when they challenge the San Antonio Spurs (9-5). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 209.5 points with Minnesota set as a 5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 15, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southwest.
San Antonio Spurs vs. Minnesota Timberwolves Odds Preview
The Spurs beat the Dallas Mavericks in their last matchup, 97-91. LaMarcus Aldridge was the top scorer from either team with 32 points on 12-for-21 shooting. San Antonio played a perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.6 (below their season average of 25.6) and a free throw rate of 0.266 (above their season average of 0.179). Dallas was 11.4 and 0.185, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Timberwolves played, they topped the Utah Jazz, 109-98. Minnesota rallied around Karl-Anthony Towns, who was the team’s high scorer with 24 points on 10-for-15 shooting. The Timberwolves made 25 of their 29 free throws (86.2 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.592 (above their season average of 0.509).
The battle on the backboards could prove decisive, pitting strength against strength. The Timberwolves currently rank fifth in offensive rebounding percentage (25.4 percent), while San Antonio ranks fifth in defensive rebounding percentage (81.0 percent). ,
Of San Antonio’s 13 games with betting action, seven have finished under the projected point total, while 6 of Minnesota’s 13 games have finished over the projected point total. Both teams have respectable straight up (SU) records (9-5 for San Antonio; 8-5 for Minnesota), but the Spurs hold a slight advantage against the spread (ATS). San Antonio is 7-5-1 ATS, while the Timberwolves are 6-6-1.
Taj Gibson has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Minnesota, averaging 12.2 points, 10.0 rebounds and 1.4 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to score 206 points, just over the projected point total of 204. The Spurs won 107-99, covering as 1-point favorites. The Spurs played a nearly perfect game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 27.9 and a turnover percentage of 10.2. The Timberwolves had marks of 22.4 and 12.0, respectively, for those same stats. Aldridge recorded a double-double with 25 points and 10 rebounds.
San Antonio Spurs vs. Minnesota Timberwolves Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Spurs, ATS Winner – Spurs, O/U – Under
- The Timberwolves rank fourth in points in the paint per game (48.3) while the Spurs rank 19th (43.0).
- San Antonio ranks 16th in fast break points allowed per game (11.0) while Minnesota ranks 28th (15.7).
- Minnesota ranks fourth in steals per game (9.1) while San Antonio ranks 17th (7.9).
- Minnesota ranks fourth in rebounds allowed per game (40.7) while San Antonio ranks seventh (41.8).
- San Antonio is 1-3-1 ATS on the road with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- Minnesota is 3-2 ATS at home with 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push.
- Minnesota is 5-0 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while San Antonio is 6-2.
- When reaching 100 points, the Spurs are 7-0 and the Timberwolves are 8-4.
- The Spurs rank third in three pointers allowed per game (26.1) while the Timberwolves rank 16th (28.7).
- San Antonio ranks second in blocks per game (6.3) while Minnesota ranks 23rd in blocks allowed per game (5.8).
- The Spurs rank 10th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.2) while the Timberwolves rank 29th (22.1).
- The Spurs rank first in second chance points allowed per game (8.3) while the Timberwolves rank eighth (10.6).
- San Antonio averages 23.1 assists per game, which ranks eighth in the league. Minnesota ranks 27th in assists allowed per game (24.6).
- Minnesota is 3-2 ATS with 5 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, San Antonio is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Timberwolves have outscored opponents by an average of 2.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Minnesota has lost by an average of 1.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Spurs have scored an average of 109.8 points per game (7.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 96.2 points per game (2.8 below their season average).