The San Antonio Spurs (4-2) will travel to State Farm Arena to go head-to-head with the Atlanta Hawks (2-3). The game starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 5, 2019, and will air on Fox Sports – Southwest.
San Antonio Spurs at Atlanta Hawks Betting Odds
Both teams failed to cover as underdogs in their last matchup. The Hawks (7-point underdogs) were defeated by the Miami Heat, 106-97, while the Spurs (1-point underdogs) fell to the Los Angeles Lakers, 103-96. The Atlanta game went 12.5 points under the projected point total of 215.5, while the San Antonio game went 18 points under the projected point total of 217.
San Antonio did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (24-29; 82.8 percent) while Atlanta had an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 20.5). DeAndre’ Bembry was a key piece for Atlanta with 18 points, 10 rebounds and eight assists. San Antonio, meanwhile, rallied around Dejounte Murray, who had 18 points and 11 rebounds.
The Spurs dominated this series last year, taking both contests. In the most recent matchup, San Antonio won 117-111. San Antonio did a terrific job of making free throws (19-22; 86.4 percent). Atlanta, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (21.2 vs. 11.1).
Of the Spurs’ six games, three have finished over, two have finished under and one has pushed. San Antonio has a respectable 4-2 straight up (SU) record, but they have a difficult time covering the spread (1-5 against the spread (ATS)).
Of the Hawks’ 5 games, 5 have finished under the total. Although Atlanta struggles winning games outright (2-3 SU), they have an outstanding 3-2 record ATS.
It will be a showdown of contrasting styles as the fast-paced Hawks will look to push the more grind-it-out Spurs. Dating back to the 2018-19 season, the Hawks rank first in possessions per game while the Spurs are 27th. Additionally, the Spurs rank fourth in offensive efficiency (111.2), while the Hawks rank 25th in defensive efficiency (111.2).
Spurs at Hawks Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Hawks, ATS Winner – Hawks, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Spurs rank 17th in assists per game (24.2) while the Hawks rank last in assists allowed per game (26.5).
- Atlanta ranks fourth in three pointers attempted per game (36.7) while San Antonio ranks last (24.9).
- The Spurs rank fourth in blocks allowed per game (4.1) while the Hawks rank 25th (5.6).
- Atlanta ranks fifth in points in the paint per game (51.2) while San Antonio ranks 25th (43.8).
- Atlanta ranks 10th in fast break points per game (15.0) while San Antonio ranks 25th (10.9).
- The Spurs rank fourth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.6) while the Hawks rank last (20.9).
- The Hawks rank eighth in second chance points per game (14.0) while the Spurs rank 28th (11.6).
- San Antonio ranks 16th in rebounds per game (45.1) while Atlanta ranks 22nd in rebounds allowed per game (46.0).
- San Antonio ranks fifth in steals allowed per game (7.0) while Atlanta ranks last (9.9).
- Atlanta is 4-2 when they allow below 100 points, while San Antonio is 17-4.
- When scoring above 100 points, the Hawks are 30-44 and the Spurs are 54-24.