Expect a fast-paced game when the Samford Bulldogs (8-19, 2-11 SoCon) travel to Citadel to play the Bulldogs (6-18, 0-13 SoCon). Action starts at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Samford Bulldogs at Citadel Bulldogs Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last game. Citadel got blown out by the East Tennessee State Buccaneers, 91-67, while Samford was beaten by the Furman Paladins, 86-71.
Samford did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (21-26; 80.8 percent) while Citadel had an effective field goal percentage of 0.592 (above their season average of 0.515). Citadel received a boost from Fletcher Abee, who recorded 16 points. Robert Allen, meanwhile led the way for Samford, recording 12 points and 11 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Allen led Samford to a 69-68 victory. He registered a double-double with 16 points and 12 rebounds. Samford’s 0.203 free throw rate was their biggest strength over Citadel, who had a mark of 0.159.
Samford Bulldogs at Citadel Bulldogs ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Citadel, ATS Winner – Citadel, O/U – Over
- Citadel averages 28.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 12th in the NCAA. Samford ranks 294th in three pointers allowed per game (29.4).
- Samford ranks 87th in steals per game (6.9) while Citadel ranks 206th in steals allowed per game (8.1).
- Citadel ranks 36th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Samford ranks 114th (3.4).
- Citadel ranks 45th in assists per game (14.9) while Samford ranks 258th in assists allowed per game (18.0).
- Samford ranks 113th in rebounds per game (36.4) while Citadel ranks 252nd in rebounds allowed per game (38.1).
- Samford’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 16.6, up from 6.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, Citadel has scored an average of 65.2 points per game (11.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 81.8 points per game (1.6 above their season average).