The Belmont Bruins (0-1) open their home schedule at Curb Event Center against the Samford Bulldogs (1-1). Action starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, November 11, 2019.
Samford Bulldogs at Belmont Bruins ATS Odds
In their last game, the Bruins lost to the Illinois State Redbirds, 79-72, while the Bulldogs easily got past the Kentucky Wesleyan Panthers, 68-42.
Samford played a perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.104 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.9. Kentucky Wesleyan had marks of 0.050 and 16.3, respectively, for those same stats. Belmont, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.150 vs. 0.095). Belmont’s Nick Muszynski had a solid performance, recording 20 points and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Robert Allen played a key role for Samford with 14 points and eight rebounds.
There could be plenty of transition action in this contest that showcases a pair of the NCAA’s more up-tempo teams. Belmont ranks 21st in possessions per game (73.9) and Samford is 40th (72.8) since last season.
Samford at Belmont Betting Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Belmont, ATS Winner – Samford, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Belmont averages 27.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 20th in the country. Samford ranks 306th in three pointers allowed per game (28.3).
- The Bulldogs average 3.9 blocks per game, which ranks 91st in the country. The Bruins rank 175th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- Belmont ranks 117th in steals per game (6.6) while Samford ranks 198th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- The Bruins average 19.4 assists per game, which ranks first in the nation. The Bulldogs rank 229th in assists allowed per game (14.2).
- Belmont averages 38.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 39th in the nation. Samford ranks 265th in rebounds allowed per game (37.2).