The Arkansas Razorbacks and Samford Bulldogs will battle at Bud Walton Arena to open their seasons. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 159.5 points with Arkansas set as an 11-point favorite. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017.
Samford Bulldogs at Arkansas Razorbacks Free Preview
Arkansas reached the Second Round last season as an eight seed in the tournament, where the North Carolina Tar Heels defeated them. The Razorbacks went 25-9 in the regular season. Samford, meanwhile, failed to make the tournament following a 19-15 regular season.
Arkansas could put on a ball-control clinic in this battle. Last season, Arkansas ranked 51st in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.7 percent), while Samford forced the 79th-fewest turnovers (17.3 percent). Moreover, the Bulldogs, who ranked 10th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.316), will clash against the Razorbacks, who ranked 270th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.275).
The Bulldogs were 19-15 straight up (SU) and 16-13 against the spread (ATS) last season. Of Samford’s 29 games with betting action last year, 17 finished over the projected point total.
The Razorbacks, on the other hand, were 25-9 SU and 19-15 ATS last season. Games including Arkansas had no tendency in regards to the projected point total as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under.
Samford Bulldogs vs. Arkansas Razorbacks ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Arkansas, ATS Winner – Arkansas, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Razorbacks rank 205th in three pointers allowed per game (22.0) while the Bulldogs rank 297th (25.0).
- Samford ranks 141st in rebounds per game (36.1) while Arkansas ranks 233rd in rebounds allowed per game (36.7).
- Arkansas ranks 29th in blocks per game (4.8) while Samford ranks 232nd (2.4).
- The Razorbacks rank 105th in assists allowed per game (12.6) while the Bulldogs rank 297th (16.4).
- Arkansas ranks 32nd in steals per game (7.7) while Samford ranks 203rd in steals allowed per game (6.8).