The Sam Houston State Bearkats (1-0) will travel to Humphrey Coliseum to go head-to-head with the Mississippi State Bulldogs (1-0). Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, November 8, 2019.
Sam Houston State Bearkats vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Bulldogs defeated the FIU Panthers 77-69, while the Bearkats easily got past the Paul Quinn Tigers 95-57.
Sam Houston State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 50.0 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.566. For those same stats, Paul Quinn was 16.2 and 0.337, respectively. Mississippi State, meanwhile, played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.175 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 51.7. FIU put up marks of 0.100 and 40.0, respectively, for those same stats. Mississippi State was lifted by Tyson Carter, who finished with 23 points, seven rebounds and six steals. Meanwhile, Zach Nutall had a solid performance for Sam Houston State, putting up 15 points and seven rebounds.
Mississippi State should have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Bulldogs rank 34th in effective field goal percentage (0.547), while Sam Houston State ranks 160th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.499) dating back to the 2018-19 season.
Sam Houston State Bearkats at Mississippi State Bulldogs ATS Pick
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Mississippi State, ATS Winner – Mississippi State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Mississippi State ranks 11th in blocks per game (5.1) while Sam Houston State ranks 182nd (2.9).
- The Bulldogs rank 19th in steals per game (8.1) while the Bearkats rank 85th in steals allowed per game (5.7).
- Sam Houston State averages 25.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 59th in the nation. Mississippi State ranks 87th in three pointers allowed per game (21.0).
- The Bearkats average 16.9 assists per game, which ranks 13th in the NCAA. The Bulldogs rank 139th in assists allowed per game (12.7).
- Mississippi State ranks 32nd in rebounds allowed per game (31.8) while Sam Houston State ranks 106th (34.0).