The Idaho Vandals (1-1) will be at home in Memorial Gym when they meet the Sam Houston State Bearkats (2-0). Action starts at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017.
Sam Houston State Bearkats at Idaho Vandals Free Preview
In the Bearkats last matchup, they defeated the Hardin-Simmons Cowboys, 72-56. With 12 points and 10 rebounds, Marcus Harris played well for Sam Houston State. Sam Houston State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 36.4 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.455. For those same stats, Hardin-Simmons recorded marks of 14.0 and 0.366, respectively.
The Vandals hope to keep it rolling after blowing out the George Fox Bruins in their last matchup, 101-62. Idaho was led by Nate Sherwood, who had 28 points and 13 rebounds. Idaho dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.413 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.2. George Fox was 0.145 and 26.0, respectively, for those same stats.
The aggressive Idaho offense could be getting to the foul line a lot in this showdown. The Vandals rank 39th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.292, while Sam Houston State ranks 345th in FTA rate allowed (0.335) dating back to the 2016-17 season.
The Bearkats won the only contest against the Vandals last season, 69-62. The Bearkats played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 31.0 and a turnover percentage of 18.6. For those same stats, the Vandals recorded marks of 17.2 and 21.3, respectively.
Sam Houston State Bearkats at Idaho Vandals ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Sam Houston State, ATS Winner – Sam Houston State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bearkats average 15.2 assists per game, which ranks 68th in the NCAA. The Vandals rank 94th in assists allowed per game (12.3).
- Sam Houston State ranks 220th in blocks per game (2.6) while Idaho ranks 227th (2.6).
- Sam Houston State ranks 63rd in steals per game (7.1) while Idaho ranks 246th (5.1).
- The Bearkats rank 126th in three pointers allowed per game (20.5) while the Vandals rank 284th (24.2).
- Sam Houston State ranks 50th in rebounds per game (38.4) while Idaho ranks 99th (37.2).