The LSU Tigers (6-3) welcome the Sam Houston State Bearkats (6-5) in a matchup that pits outstanding offense against exceptional defense. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
Sam Houston State Bearkats at LSU Tigers ATS Preview
The last time the Bearkats played, they barely escaped the Little Rock Trojans, 57-55. Christopher Galbreath Jr. was the games high scorer with 22 points on 9-for-11 shooting. The Bearkats knocked down 10 of their 12 free throws (83.3 percent) and held the Trojans to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.2 (below their season average of 30.2).
The Tigers are hoping for a better outcome after their 83-82 loss to the Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks in their last contest. With 16 points and 10 rebounds, LSU’s Aaron Epps played well. Stephen F. Austin held the Tigers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.0 (below their season average of 36.1). LSU, meanwhile, did a great job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (23-29; 79.3 percent).
This showdown pits one of the NCAA’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Since the 2016-17 season, LSU ranks sixth in offensive efficiency and Sam Houston State ranks 20th in defensive efficiency.
Galbreath Jr. has really been playing well over the last five games for Sam Houston State, averaging 17.2 points and 9.8 rebounds per game.
Sam Houston State Bearkats at LSU Tigers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – LSU, ATS Winner – LSU, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Tigers rank 12th in rebounds allowed per game (35.3) while the Bearkats rank 92nd (34.4).
- LSU ranks 14th in blocks allowed per game (3.3) while Sam Houston State ranks 92nd (3.4).
- Sam Houston State averages 21.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 47th in the nation. LSU ranks 242nd in three pointers allowed per game (24.0).
- The Bearkats rank 41st in steals allowed per game (6.1) while the Tigers rank 159th (7.0).
- Sam Houston State ranks 24th in assists per game (15.5) while LSU ranks 111th in assists allowed per game (15.1).