The Sam Houston State Bearkats (3-3) go head-to-head against the East Tennessee State Buccaneers (3-2) in the Cayman Islands Classic – Mainland at Freedom Hall Civic Center. The game gets underway at 12 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 20, 2018.
Sam Houston State Bearkats vs. East Tennessee State Buccaneers ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Buccaneers had no trouble getting past the Chicago State Cougars 86-61, while the Bearkats were victorious over the Jackson State Tigers 75-60.
Sam Houston State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (below their season average of 33.7) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.508 (above their season average of 0.478). Jackson State was 20.0 and 0.459, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, East Tennessee State dominated every stat category in their game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.357 (above their season average of 0.117) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 44.8 (below their season average of 50.3). For those same stats, Chicago State put up marks of 0.094 and 17.2, respectively. Jeromy Rodriguez was a key piece for East Tennessee State with 18 points and 12 rebounds. Sam Houston State, meanwhile, received a boost from R.J. Smith, who contributed 12 points and nine rebounds.
East Tennessee State could dominate on the defensive side of the ball as they battle against one of the NCAA’s worst offenses. Since the 2017-18 season, the Buccaneers rank 33rd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.472), while Sam Houston State is 298th in effective field goal percentage (0.486).
Sam Houston State Bearkats vs. East Tennessee State Buccaneers Pick
Pick: SU Winner – East Tennessee State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- East Tennessee State ranks 58th in blocks per game (4.2) while Sam Houston State ranks 288th (1.8).
- The Buccaneers rank 184th in three pointers allowed per game (22.4) while the Bearkats rank 267th (24.1).
- East Tennessee State ranks 46th in rebounds allowed per game (32.3) while Sam Houston State ranks 115th (34.0).
- The Buccaneers rank 20th in steals per game (7.8) while the Bearkats rank 136th (6.3).
- East Tennessee State ranks 24th in assists allowed per game (10.9) while Sam Houston State ranks 115th (12.8).