It will be a clash between two great offenses when the Abilene Christian Wildcats (17-10, 12-4 SthLnd) take on the Sam Houston State Bearkats (18-10, 11-6 SthLnd) at Moody Coliseum. Action gets underway at 8:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
Sam Houston State Bearkats at Abilene Christian Wildcats Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Wildcats defeated the Southeastern Louisiana Lions 75-69, while the Bearkats beat the Houston Baptist Huskies 77-73.
Sam Houston State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 15.5 (better than their season average of 16.4) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.9 (above their season average of 28.6). For those same stats, Houston Baptist recorded marks of 23.2 and 35.3, respectively. Abilene Christian, on the other hand, made good use of their 29 trips to the charity stripe, converting on 26 of them (89.7 percent). Southeastern Louisiana was 15-18 (83.3 percent). Coryon Mason had a solid performance for Abilene Christian with 15 points and five rebounds. Kai Mitchell had a solid performance for Sam Houston State, recording 12 points, nine assists and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Mitchell led the Bearkats to an 82-76 win. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 27 points. The Bearkats’ 15.6 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Wildcats, who had a mark of 22.5.
This battle figures to be low-scoring as a pair of the NCAA’s top defenses face off. Abilene Christian ranks 12th in defensive efficiency (90.4) and Sam Houston State is 58th (94.9).
Sam Houston State Bearkats vs. Abilene Christian Wildcats Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Abilene Christian, ATS Winner – Abilene Christian, O/U – Under
- Abilene Christian ranks ninth in three pointers allowed per game (16.5) while Sam Houston State ranks 239th (24.0).
- The Wildcats rank seventh in steals per game (9.4) while the Bearkats rank 158th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- Abilene Christian ranks eighth in assists allowed per game (9.4) while Sam Houston State ranks 145th (12.8).
- The Wildcats’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 16.6, up from 11.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bearkats have scored an average of 77.0 points per game (2.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.0 points per game (2.9 above their season average).