The Saint Peter’s Peacocks (15-11, 12-5 MAAC) head to Gallagher Center to meet the Niagara Purple Eagles (9-18, 7-9 MAAC). The Peacocks will attempt to extend their five-game winning streak. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
Saint Peter’s Peacocks vs. Niagara Purple Eagles Betting Odds
In their last game, the Purple Eagles were blown out by the Marist Red Foxes, 76-54, while the Peacocks won big over the Rider Broncs, 73-54.
Saint Peter’s played a flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 (below their season average of 35.7) and a turnover percentage of 14.9 (better than their season average of 20.6). Rider had marks of 15.6 and 19.9, respectively, for those same stats. Niagara, on the other hand, did a great job of converting from the free throw line (10-11; 90.9 percent). Niagara rallied around Marcus Hammond, who finished with 22 points. Doug Edert, meanwhile had a good game for Saint Peter’s, putting up 28 points.
In their first matchup this year, Hassan Drame led the Peacocks to a 58-53 victory. He registered a double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds. Saint Peter’s won the rebounding battle. The Peacocks had more offensive rebounds (11 vs. 5), defensive rebounds (29 vs. 19) and total rebounds (40 vs. 24).
The ineffective offense of Niagara (272nd in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 98.4) will go head-to-head against the elite defense of Saint Peter’s (51st in the NCAA with a defensive efficiency of 94.5). The Peacocks should have the edge on that side of the ball. Furthermore, the Peacocks could control the offensive glass in this matchup as they rank 15th in the country in offensive rebounding percentage at 35.2 percent. The Purple Eagles, meanwhile, rank 353rd at securing defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 63.4 percent.
Saint Peter’s Peacocks vs. Niagara Purple Eagles Odds Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Saint Peter’s, ATS Winner – Saint Peter’s, O/U – Over
- Saint Peter’s ranks 71st in rebounds per game (37.6) while Niagara ranks 300th (27.3).
- The Peacocks rank 56th in three pointers allowed per game (19.3) while the Purple Eagles rank 246th (24.2).
- Saint Peter’s ranks 25th in blocks per game (4.7) while Niagara ranks 202nd (2.2).
- The Purple Eagles rank sixth in steals allowed per game (4.6) while the Peacocks rank 216th (7.8).
- Saint Peter’s ranks 69th in assists allowed per game (11.6) while Niagara ranks 265th (16.3).
- The Peacocks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.6, up from 2.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Purple Eagles have scored an average of 63.6 points per game (1.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.6 points per game (3.5 below their season average).