MAAC foes will battle when the Canisius Golden Griffins (9-8, 3-1 MAAC) clash against the Saint Peter’s Peacocks (8-7, 2-2 MAAC) at Koessler Athletic Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 130.5 points with Canisius set as a 3-point favorite. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, January 12, 2018.
Saint Peter’s Peacocks at Canisius Golden Griffins Betting Preview
The Peacocks had no trouble getting past the Quinnipiac Bobcats in their last outing, 84-58. With 15 points, nine assists and five rebounds, Elijah Gonzales played well for Saint Peter’s. The Peacocks had a phenomenal effective field goal percentage of 0.731 (above their season average of 0.486) and had a turnover percentage of 15.0 (better than their season average of 16.7).
In the Golden Griffins last matchup, they were thoroughly outplayed by the Siena Saints, 65-62. Takal Molson was the top scorer from either team with 21 points on 8-for-16 shooting. Siena did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (17-22; 77.3 percent). Canisius, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 4.2 (better than their season average of 19.1).
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the nations slowest-paced teams clash. Canisius ranks 289th in possessions per game (67.7) and Saint Peter’s is 323rd (66.4).
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. The Peacocks won two out of three games played against each other last season. In the last matchup, Saint Peter’s won 61-58. The Peacocks dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.208 and a turnover percentage of 15.3. The Golden Griffins were 0.145 and 21.0, respectively, for those same stats.
Saint Peter’s Peacocks vs. Canisius Golden Griffins Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Canisius, ATS Winner – Canisius, O/U – Under
- The Peacocks rank 230th in rebounds per game (33.0) while the Golden Griffins rank 240th (32.6).
- Saint Peter’s is 36th in the NCAA with 5.3 steals allowed per game while Canisius is 40th with 5.4 steals allowed per game.
- Canisius ranks 20th in three pointers allowed per game (18.1) while Saint Peter’s ranks 168th (23.1).
- The Golden Griffins rank 44th in assists per game (16.2) while the Peacocks rank 172nd (12.7).
- Canisius is third in the NCAA with 1.9 blocks allowed per game while Saint Peter’s is 33rd with 2.6 blocks allowed per game.
- The Golden Griffins average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.4, up from 2.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Peacocks have scored an average of 72.4 points per game (4.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 66.6 points per game (0.3 below their season average).