The Saint Peter’s Peacocks (1-3) will travel to Kirby Sports Center to go head-to-head with the Lafayette Leopards (0-3) in their home opener. Tip-off is scheduled for 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 26, 2017.
Saint Peter’s Peacocks at Lafayette Leopards Betting Preview
In the Peacocks last outing, they were beaten by the South Alabama Jaguars, 54-49. Saint Peter’s Samuel Idowu put together a solid game, leading the team in scoring with 10 points on 3-for-16 shooting. South Alabama did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (20-26; 76.9 percent). Saint Peter’s, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 12.5 (better than their season average of 17.9).
The Leopards are trying to rebound after their 60-46 loss to the Princeton Tigers in their last outing. Justin Jaworski led Lafayette in scoring with 13 points on 4-for-9 shooting. Princeton had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (30.3 vs. 3.6). Lafayette, on the other hand, did a great job of making free throws (10-11; 90.9 percent).
Lafayette might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they face off against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Saint Peter’s ranks 22nd in defensive efficiency, while the Leopards rank 340th in offensive efficiency since the 2016-17 season.
The Leopards won the only game against the Peacocks last season, 61-57. Lafayette’s free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Saint Peter’s. The Leopards had a rate of 0.356, while the Peacocks posted a mark of 0.158.
Saint Peter’s Peacocks vs. Lafayette Leopards Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Lafayette, ATS Winner – Lafayette, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Peacocks rank 141st in three pointers attempted per game (21.8) while the Leopards rank 311th in three pointers allowed per game (25.7).
- Lafayette is sixth in the nation with 2.2 blocks allowed per game while Saint Peter’s is 49th with 2.8 blocks allowed per game.
- Saint Peter’s ranks 23rd in steals allowed per game (5.0) while Lafayette ranks 268th (7.6).
- The Peacocks rank 50th in assists allowed per game (11.6) while the Leopards rank 265th (15.0).
- Saint Peter’s ranks 62nd in rebounds allowed per game (33.1) while Lafayette ranks 249th (37.2).