The Saint Peter’s Peacocks (13-11, 10-5 MAAC) will be at Draddy Gymnasium to challenge the Manhattan Jaspers (11-12, 7-7 MAAC) in a MAAC matchup. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, February 21, 2020.
Saint Peter’s Peacocks at Manhattan Jaspers ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Jaspers lost to the Siena Saints, 65-52, while the Peacocks beat the Fairfield Stags, 61-44.
The Peacocks held the Stags to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.6 (below their season average of 30.6) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.292 (below their season average of 0.446). Manhattan, meanwhile, held Siena to an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.7 (below their season average of 31.8). Pauly Paulicap led the way for Manhattan, recording 12 points and six rebounds. Saint Peter’s was lifted by Fousseyni Drame, who had 11 points and 10 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Dallas Watson led the Peacocks to a 70-53 victory. He recorded 10 points. Saint Peter’s made good use of their 28 trips to the charity stripe, making 24 of them (85.7 percent). Manhattan, on the other hand, was just 9-19 (47.4 percent).
This could end up being a sloppy game for the Manhattan offense. Manhattan ranks 254th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.2 percent), while the disruptive defense of Saint Peter’s forces the 52nd-most turnovers in the country (21.9 percent). Moreover, the Peacocks’ 58th-ranked defense (effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.462) will clash against the Jaspers’ 323rd-ranked offense (effective field goal percentage of 0.460).
Saint Peter’s at Manhattan Odds Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Saint Peter’s, ATS Winner – Saint Peter’s, O/U – Under
- Saint Peter’s ranks 60th in rebounds allowed per game (32.6) while Manhattan ranks 226th (37.0).
- The Jaspers rank 129th in assists per game (13.3) while the Peacocks rank 253rd (10.4).
- Manhattan blocks 3.8 opponent shots per game, which ranks 68th in the NCAA. Saint Peter’s ranks 170th in blocks allowed per game (4.8).
- The Jaspers rank 92nd in three pointers attempted per game (23.6) while the Peacocks rank 252nd (18.3).
- Manhattan ranks 85th in steals per game (7.0) while Saint Peter’s ranks 210th in steals allowed per game (7.9).
- During their last five games, the Peacocks have scored an average of 74.4 points per game (10.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 67.4 points per game (5.2 above their season average).
- The Jaspers have outscored opponents by an average of 1.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Manhattan has been defeated by an average of 1.2 points.