The Saint Peter’s Peacocks (15-12, 12-6 MAAC) will be at the Koessler Athletic Center to take on the Canisius Golden Griffins (10-18, 5-12 MAAC) in a MAAC matchup. Action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Saint Peter’s Peacocks vs. Canisius Golden Griffins ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last contest. The Golden Griffins lost big to the Iona Gaels, 86-65, while the Peacocks were beaten by the Niagara Purple Eagles, 63-54.
Saint Peter’s held Niagara to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.9 (below the 27.8 mark opponents have averaged against Saint Peter’s this season) while Canisius had a turnover percentage of 12.9 (better than their season average of 18.6). Majesty Brandon was a key piece for Canisius with 12 points. Saint Peter’s was lifted by Daryl Banks III, who recorded 14 points.
In their first matchup this season, Malik Johnson led the Golden Griffins to a 72-68 win. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 15 points. The Golden Griffins’ 29.0 offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Peacocks, who had a rate of 21.2.
Canisius might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they battle against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Saint Peter’s currently ranks 53rd in defensive efficiency, while the Golden Griffins rank 282nd in offensive efficiency. Also, the Peacocks rank 349th in turnover percentage (24.0 percent), while the Golden Griffins rank 46th in opponents’ turnover percentage (22.0 percent).
Saint Peter’s Peacocks vs. Canisius Golden Griffins Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Canisius, ATS Winner – Canisius, O/U – Over
- Canisius ranks 84th in assists per game (14.0) while Saint Peter’s ranks 254th (10.6).
- The Golden Griffins average 7.0 steals per game, which ranks 85th in the country. The Peacocks rank 217th in steals allowed per game (7.8).
- Canisius ranks 213th in three pointers attempted per game (20.1) while Saint Peter’s ranks 259th (18.3).
- The Peacocks rank 73rd in rebounds per game (37.5) while the Golden Griffins rank 229th (33.3).
- Saint Peter’s ranks 27th in blocks per game (4.6) while Canisius ranks 178th (2.4).
- The Peacocks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.4, up from 2.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Golden Griffins have scored an average of 64.6 points per game (1.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.4 points per game (3.6 above their season average).