The third-ranked Gonzaga Bulldogs (28-2, 14-1 WCC) welcome the Saint Mary’s Gaels (24-6, 11-4 WCC) to McCarthey Athletic Center as the regular season comes to a conclusion. The game starts at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020, and will air on ESPN2.
Saint Mary’s Gaels vs. Gonzaga Bulldogs ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Bulldogs had no trouble getting past the San Diego Toreros 94-59, while the Gaels were victorious over the Santa Clara Broncos 78-72.
Saint Mary’s’ effective field goal percentage was their biggest strength over Santa Clara. The Gaels had a rate of 0.569 (above their season average of 0.556), while the Broncos posted a mark of 0.475 (below their season average of 0.533). Gonzaga, on the other hand, played a flawless game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 46.2 (above their season average of 33.0) and a free throw rate of 0.169 (matching their season average). For those same stats, San Diego was 15.4 and 0.113, respectively. Filip Petrusev played a key role for Gonzaga with 21 points and nine rebounds. Jordan Ford, meanwhile played well for Saint Mary’s, finishing with 33 points.
In their first matchup this season, Drew Timme led the Bulldogs to a 90-60 victory. He recorded a double-double with 20 points and 10 rebounds. Gonzaga’s 0.189 free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Saint Mary’s, who had a mark of 0.103.
It might turn into a shootout as two of the country’s top offenses clash. Gonzaga ranks first with 120.9 points per 100 possessions and Saint Mary’s is third (115.0). Additionally, the Gaels rank 254th in offensive rebounding percentage (26.0 percent), while the Bulldogs rank 20th in defensive rebounding percentage (77.0 percent).
Saint Mary’s Gaels at Gonzaga Bulldogs Odds Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Gonzaga, ATS Winner – Gonzaga, O/U – Under
- Gonzaga ranks 11th in rebounds per game (40.6) while Saint Mary’s ranks 255th (32.6).
- The Gaels rank 25th in three pointers allowed per game (17.7) while the Bulldogs rank 120th (21.0).
- Gonzaga blocks 4.0 opponent shots per game, which ranks 61st in the nation. Saint Mary’s ranks 83rd in blocks allowed per game (3.1).
- The Bulldogs rank seventh in assists per game (17.2) while the Gaels rank 179th (12.3).
- Saint Mary’s ranks second in steals allowed per game (4.0) while Gonzaga ranks 107th (6.2).
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 84.4 points per game (3.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.2 points per game (0.9 above their season average).
- The Gaels’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.8, down from 10.1 for the season.