The Saint Mary’s Gaels (2-0) and their phenomenal offense visit New Mexico State to play the Aggies (2-0) and their stifling defense. The game starts at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 14, 2018.
Saint Mary’s Gaels vs. New Mexico State Aggies Betting Odds
Both teams won big over their last opponent. The Aggies defeated the UTEP Miners 96-69, while the Gaels beat the Utah Valley Wolverines 92-63.
Saint Mary’s played a perfect game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.321 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.5. Utah Valley recorded marks of 0.111 and 15.2, respectively, for those same stats. New Mexico State, meanwhile, dominated nearly every facet of their game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.4 and a turnover percentage of 7.9. UTEP had marks of 9.4 and 16.4, respectively, for those same stats. New Mexico State received a boost from Clayton Henry, who put up 14 points and five rebounds. Jordan Ford, meanwhile was a key piece for Saint Mary’s with 35 points.
The Gaels won the only game between these two teams last season, 92-74. The Gaels’ turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Aggies. Saint Mary’s had a rate of 5.3, while New Mexico State posted a mark of 11.5.
Expect this one to be a clinic on boxing out as two of the country’s top rebounding teams clash. The Aggies rank 26th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.3 percent), while Saint Mary’s ranks ninth in defensive rebounding percentage (77.4 percent) dating back to the 2017-18 season. Furthermore, the second-ranked offense of the Gaels (offensive efficiency of 122.0) will face off against the third-ranked defense of the Aggies (defensive efficiency of 92.0).
Saint Mary’s Gaels vs. New Mexico State Aggies Betting Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Saint Mary’s, ATS Winner – Saint Mary’s, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- New Mexico State ranks fifth in rebounds per game (41.4) while Saint Mary’s ranks 240th (33.8).
- The Aggies rank 210th in steals per game (5.5) while the Gaels rank 269th (4.7).
- New Mexico State ranks third in assists allowed per game (9.3) while Saint Mary’s ranks 57th (11.7).
- The Aggies rank 121st in three pointers attempted per game (23.1) while the Gaels rank 263rd (19.4).
- New Mexico State ranks 18th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while Saint Mary’s ranks 79th (2.9).