The Saint Louis Billikens (14-4, 5-0 A10) visit A.J. Palumbo Center to square off against the Duquesne Dukes (13-5, 4-1 A10). The Billikens will try to lengthen their six-game winning streak. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 23, 2019.
Saint Louis Billikens vs. Duquesne Dukes Betting Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Dukes defeated the George Washington Colonials 91-85, while the Billikens beat the Saint Joseph’s Hawks 68-57.
The Billikens held the Hawks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.344 (below their season average of 0.487) and had a better offensive rebounding percentage (25.0 vs. 22.7). Meanwhile, Duquesne played a nearly perfect game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.284 (above their season average of 0.254) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.537 (above their season average of 0.506). For those same stats, George Washington was 0.187 and 0.473, respectively. Michael Hughes had a solid performance for Duquesne, recording 21 points, 14 rebounds and seven blocks. Meanwhile, Javon Bess played a pivotal role for Saint Louis with 20 points and seven rebounds.
This series was highly contested last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the last contest, the Dukes won 76-69. Duquesne’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over Saint Louis. The Dukes had a rate of 0.370, while the Billikens posted a mark of 0.304. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Duquesne might have trouble putting up points as they clash against one of the country’s best defenses. Saint Louis currently ranks 12th in defensive efficiency while the Dukes rank 190th in offensive efficiency. Furthermore, the Billikens, who rank 55th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.2 percent), will attempt to take advantage of the Dukes, who rank 304th in defensive rebounding percentage (68.4 percent).
Saint Louis at Duquesne Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Saint Louis, ATS Winner – Saint Louis, O/U – Over
- Duquesne ranks 58th in three pointers attempted per game (25.7) while Saint Louis ranks 260th (18.6).
- The Dukes rank 21st in steals per game (8.5) while the Billikens rank 127th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- Saint Louis averages 4.3 blocks per game, which is ranked 48th in the country. Duquesne ranks 116th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- The Billikens average 39.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 31st in the NCAA. The Dukes rank 184th in rebounds allowed per game (36.2).
- Saint Louis ranks 39th in assists allowed per game (11.1) while Duquesne ranks 188th (14.8).
- The Dukes’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.8, down from 3.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Billikens have scored an average of 65.4 points per game (1.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 59.2 points per game (3.0 below their season average).