A10 foes will collide when the Dayton Flyers (12-14, 6-8 A10) square off against the Saint Louis Billikens (15-12, 8-6 A10) at University of Dayton Arena. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 135 points with Dayton opening as a 5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 20, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Saint Louis Billikens at Dayton Flyers ATS Preview
In the Billikens last outing, they defeated the Richmond Spiders, 72-66. With 14 points and 12 rebounds, Saint Louis Javon Bess played well. Saint Louis played a nearly perfect game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.372 (above their season average of 0.305) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.8 (above their season average of 33.9). Richmond was 0.186 and 21.6, respectively, for those same stats.
The Flyers come in on a high note after beating the Fordham Rams in their last game, 80-70. Dayton was lifted by Trey Landers, who was the teams high scorer with 26 points on 9-for-13 shooting. The Flyers knocked down 13 of their 17 free throws (76.5 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.744 (above their season average of 0.559).
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the nations slowest-paced teams face off. Dayton ranks 266th in possessions per game (67.9) and Saint Louis is 338th (65.2).
Of Saint Louis 24 games with betting action, 12 have finished over the projected point total, while 16 of Dayton’s 26 games have finished over the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Billikens have a substantial advantage. They are 15-12 SU and 15-9 ATS, while the Flyers are 12-14 SU and 9-17 ATS.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 140 points in that game, which was over the projected point total of 132.5. The Billikens won 75-65, covering as 2-point favorites. Saint Louis had a much better turnover percentage (7.4 vs. 21.4). Dayton, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (32.1 vs. 28.1). Bess was the games leading scorer with 20 points.
Saint Louis Billikens at Dayton Flyers Odds Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Saint Louis, ATS Winner – Saint Louis, O/U – Over
- The Billikens rank 33rd in blocks per game (4.5) while the Flyers rank 190th (2.5).
- Dayton is 6-8 ATS at home, while Saint Louis is 6-5 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 9 of the Flyers 14 home games, while 6 of the Billikens 11 road games have gone under.
- Dayton ranks 69th in three pointers attempted per game (24.3) while Saint Louis ranks 283rd (17.1).
- The Billikens rank 82nd in rebounds per game (37.1) while the Flyers rank 270th (31.5).
- Dayton ranks 35th in assists per game (16.2) while Saint Louis ranks 217th (12.4).
- Dayton is 1-4 ATS with 5 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Saint Louis is 4-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Flyers have been outscored by an average of 0.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Dayton has defeated opponents by an average of 0.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Billikens have scored an average of 66.2 points per game (0.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 63.2 points per game (2.4 below their season average).