A six-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Rhode Island Rams (20-7, 12-3 A10) when they clash against the Saint Louis Billikens (20-8, 9-6 A10) at Thomas M. Ryan Center. Action gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 1, 2020, and can be seen on ESPNU.
Saint Louis Billikens vs. Rhode Island Rams Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Rams won a close one over the Fordham Rams 76-75, while the Billikens were victorious over the Saint Joseph’s Hawks 76-63.
Saint Louis played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.396 (above their season average of 0.230) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.1 (below their season average of 34.4). For those same stats, Saint Joseph’s put up marks of 0.164 and 14.6, respectively. Rhode Island, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.210 vs. 0.150). Rhode Island was led by Tyrese Martin, who finished with 24 points and 16 rebounds. Jordan Goodwin fueled Saint Louis with 17 points and 11 rebounds.
This series was highly competitive last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the most recent matchup, the Rams won 65-54. Rhode Island’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over Saint Louis. The Rams had a rate of 0.327, while the Billikens posted a mark of 0.111. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Opposite tempos will be on display in this meeting. Rhode Island has preferred an up-tempo style of play (45th in possessions per game), while Saint Louis has been slower-paced (215th in possessions per game).
Saint Louis Billikens at Rhode Island Rams Odds Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Saint Louis, ATS Winner – Saint Louis, O/U – Under
- Saint Louis ranks 21st in rebounds per game (39.8) while Rhode Island ranks 244th in rebounds allowed per game (37.8).
- The Rams rank 61st in blocks per game (4.0) while the Billikens rank 137th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Rhode Island ranks 273rd in three pointers attempted per game (18.0) while Saint Louis ranks 300th (16.0).
- The Rams rank 17th in steals per game (8.7) while the Billikens rank 161st in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- Saint Louis averages 14.4 assists per game, which ranks 66th in the nation. Rhode Island ranks 164th in assists allowed per game (12.9).
- During their last five games, the Billikens have scored an average of 73.6 points per game (1.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 66.4 points per game (0.3 above their season average).
- The Rams’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.8, up from 6.3 for the season.