The Washington State Cougars (3-0) and the Saint Josephs Hawks (2-1) face off in the Wooden Legacy at Titan Gym. Tip-off is set for 6:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 23, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Saint Josephs Hawks vs. Washington State Cougars Odds Preview
In the Hawks last game, they defeated the Princeton Tigers, 71-58. Taylor Funk was the games leading scorer with 23 points on 7-for-8 shooting. Saint Josephs dominated every stat category in the game. They had a fantastically low turnover percentage of 6.2 and a free throw rate of 0.208. For those same stats, Princeton put up marks of 14.3 and 0.118, respectively.
The Cougars come in on a high note after thoroughly outplaying the Idaho State Bengals in their last outing, 83-62. With 25 points on 10-for-15 shooting, Robert Franks was the games leading scorer. The Cougars had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.658 vs. 0.475) and had a better turnover percentage (18.3 vs. 21.1).
It could be a difficult game for Washington State on the offensive glass. Dating back to last season, the Cougars rank 342nd in offensive rebounding percentage (20.6 percent), while Saint Josephs ranks 68th in defensive rebounding percentage (73.5 percent). Moreover, the Hawks rank 49th in turnover percentage (16.7 percent), while the Cougars rank 345th in opponents turnover percentage (15.4 percent).
Saint Josephs Hawks vs. Washington State Cougars Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Washington State, ATS Winner – Washington State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Cougars average 20.0 three pointers per game, which ranks 213th in the NCAA. The Hawks rank 310th in three pointers allowed per game (26.2).
- Saint Josephs ranks 265th in steals per game (5.0) while Washington State ranks 286th (4.5).
- Washington State ranks 92nd in assists per game (14.7) while Saint Josephs ranks 263rd (11.7).
- The Hawks rank 141st in rebounds per game (36.4) while the Cougars rank 293rd (32.7).
- Saint Josephs ranks 127th in blocks per game (3.5) while Washington State ranks 233rd (2.6).