The Saint Joseph’s Hawks (1-1) will travel to the XL Center to take on the UConn Huskies (1-0). The game can be seen on CBS Sports Network at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 13, 2019.
Saint Joseph’s Hawks at UConn Huskies Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Huskies had no trouble getting past the Sacred Heart Pioneers, 89-67, while the Hawks were beaten by the Old Dominion Monarchs, 82-69.
The Huskies had a much better turnover percentage (11.5 vs. 25.1) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.487 vs. 0.333). Saint Joseph’s, on the other hand, was on fire from beyond the arc (15-37; 40.5 percent). Christian Vital had a solid performance for UConn with 17 points, seven rebounds and seven steals. Ryan Daly played well for Saint Joseph’s, finishing with eight points, 13 rebounds and 11 assists.
Getting to the line could be hard to find for UConn in this battle. The Huskies rank 219th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.222, while Saint Joseph’s ranks 74th in FTA rate allowed (0.200) dating back to last season.
Saint Joseph’s Hawks at UConn Huskies Free Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – UConn, ATS Winner – UConn, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- UConn ranks 20th in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while Saint Joseph’s ranks 280th (25.6).
- The Huskies rank 32nd in blocks per game (4.5) while the Hawks rank 138th (3.3).
- Saint Joseph’s ranks 36th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while UConn ranks 127th (6.1).
- The Huskies rank 138th in assists allowed per game (12.8) while the Hawks rank 269th (15.2).
- UConn averages 35.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 152nd in the country. Saint Joseph’s ranks 277th in rebounds allowed per game (37.8).