The Sacramento State Hornets (1-5) and the Saint Joseph’s Hawks (2-3) battle in the Wooden Legacy at Titan Gym. Saint Joseph’s is a 14.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 144 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 2:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 26, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Saint Joseph’s Hawks vs. Sacramento State Hornets ATS Preview
The last time the Hawks played, they were beaten by the Harvard Crimson, 77-71. Saint Joseph’s James Demery had a solid game, leading the team in scoring with 18 points on 7-for-18 shooting. Harvard had an effective field goal percentage of 0.527 (above their season average of 0.470). Saint Joseph’s, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.8 (above their season average of 24.7).
The Hornets are hoping for a better outcome after their 68-63 loss to the Cal State Fullerton Titans in their last outing. Justin Strings was Sacramento State’s high scorer with 22 points on 9-for-23 shooting. Cal State Fullerton did a great job of converting from the free throw line (20-23; 87.0 percent). Sacramento State, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.8 (above their season average of 21.2).
It could be a tough game for Sacramento State on the offensive glass. The Hornets rank 262nd in offensive rebounding percentage (27.4 percent), while Saint Joseph’s ranks 51st in defensive rebounding percentage (74.0 percent) since last season. Additionally, the Hawks rank 33rd in turnover percentage (16.5 percent), while the Hornets rank 314th in opponents’ turnover percentage (16.6 percent).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games including Saint Joseph’s have finished over 60.0 percent of the time, while Sacramento State games have gone under 80.0 percent of the time. The Hawks have the better straight up (SU) record (2-3 vs. 1-5), but the Hornets hold the significant advantage against the spread (ATS) (3-2 vs. 2-3).
Saint Joseph’s Hawks vs. Sacramento State Hornets Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Saint Joseph’s, ATS Winner – Sacramento State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Hornets rank 68th in blocks per game (4.1) while the Hawks rank 98th in blocks allowed per game (3.1).
- Saint Joseph’s ranks 255th in steals per game (5.1) while Sacramento State ranks 271st (4.8).
- Sacramento State ranks 77th in three pointers allowed per game (19.7) while Saint Joseph’s ranks 317th (26.4).
- The Hawks average 36.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 119th in the NCAA. The Hornets rank 190th in rebounds allowed per game (35.5).
- Sacramento State ranks 202nd in assists per game (12.9) while Saint Joseph’s ranks 266th in assists allowed per game (14.9).