The Old Dominion Monarchs (0-1) get their home schedule underway at Constant Convocation Center against the Saint Joseph’s Hawks (1-0). Action starts at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 10, 2019.
Saint Joseph’s Hawks vs. Old Dominion Monarchs Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Monarchs were beaten by the UNI Panthers, 58-53, while the Hawks were victorious over the Bradley Braves, 86-81.
The Hawks had a much better free throw rate (0.452 vs. 0.156) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.468 vs. 0.448). Old Dominion, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (32.5 vs. 26.2). Old Dominion rallied around Jason Wade, who recorded 13 points, six steals and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Ryan Daly fueled Saint Joseph’s with 26 points and five rebounds.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Old Dominion should have a noteworthy edge. Since last season, the Monarchs defense ranks 14th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.455), while the Saint Joseph’s offense ranks 301st in effective field goal percentage (0.480). Also, second chance points could be rare for the Hawks. They rank 338th in the NCAA in offensive rebounding percentage at 22.5 percent, while the Monarchs have been 40th-best on the defensive glass (defensive rebounding percentage of 75.2 percent).
Saint Joseph’s Hawks vs. Old Dominion Monarchs Odds Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Old Dominion, ATS Winner – Saint Joseph’s, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Old Dominion averages 39.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 24th in the country. Saint Joseph’s ranks 267th in rebounds allowed per game (37.4).
- The Monarchs rank 36th in blocks per game (4.5) while the Hawks rank 133rd (3.4).
- Old Dominion ranks 12th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while Saint Joseph’s ranks 32nd (5.1).
- The Monarchs rank 37th in assists allowed per game (11.1) while the Hawks rank 274th (15.3).
- Saint Joseph’s ranks 37th in three pointers attempted per game (26.5) while Old Dominion ranks 207th (21.3).