A10 foes will clash when the Richmond Spiders (9-18, 7-8 A10) challenge the Saint Joseph’s Hawks (12-15, 7-8 A10) at Robins Center. Tip-off is set for 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
Saint Joseph’s Hawks at Richmond Spiders Odds Preview
In the Hawks last contest, they lost a close one to the George Mason Patriots, 79-76. Chris Clover had a solid game for Saint Joseph’s, finishing with 21 points and five rebounds. George Mason had a better offensive rebounding percentage (25.0 vs. 20.5). Saint Joseph’s, on the other hand, did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (20-26; 76.9 percent).
The Spiders are hoping for a better outcome after their 103-77 loss to the George Washington Colonials in their last contest. De’Monte Buckingham was Richmond’s leading scorer with 21 points on 5-for-11 shooting. George Washington had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (35.0 vs. 20.0). Richmond, meanwhile, did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (19-20; 95.0 percent).
Second-chance opportunities could be scarce for Richmond in this battle. The Spiders rank 322nd in offensive rebounding percentage (23.0 percent), while Saint Joseph’s ranks 20th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.6 percent).
Shavar Newkirk has really been playing well over the last five games for Saint Joseph’s, averaging 20.8 points, 6.2 assists and 5.8 rebounds per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Spiders won the only game last season, 70-66. Richmond had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.509 vs. 0.377). Saint Joseph’s, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (34.1 vs. 20.6).
Saint Joseph’s Hawks at Richmond Spiders Prediction
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Saint Joseph’s, ATS Winner – Saint Joseph’s, O/U – Over
- The Hawks rank 12th in steals allowed per game (4.7) while the Spiders rank 125th (6.4).
- Richmond ranks 53rd in three pointers allowed per game (19.8) while Saint Joseph’s ranks 287th (28.3).
- The Hawks rank 69th in rebounds per game (37.6) while the Spiders rank 290th (30.3).
- Richmond averages 14.6 assists per game, which ranks 94th in the NCAA. Saint Joseph’s ranks 239th in assists allowed per game (15.4).
- The Spiders average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 11.6, up from 6.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 75.2 points per game (1.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.6 points per game (1.1 above their season average).