The Toledo Rockets and Saint Joseph’s Hawks will clash at Savage Arena to kick off their seasons. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 148 points with neither team favored. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 11, 2017.
Saint Joseph’s Hawks at Toledo Rockets Odds Preview
Saint Joseph’s did not make the tournament following an 11-20 regular season last season. Toledo also did not make the tournament following a 17-16 regular season.
Toledo figures to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Rockets ranked 59th in offensive efficiency, while the Hawks ranked 203rd in defensive efficiency in the 2016-17 season.
Last season, the Hawks were 11-20 straight up (SU) and 12-17-1 against the spread (ATS). Vegas was exceedingly precise when predicting totals of Saint Joseph’s games last year, with an even split between overs and unders.
Meanwhile, the Rockets were 17-16 SU and 19-13 ATS last season. Vegas was fairly accurate when predicting totals of Toledo games last year with 17 unders compared to 15 overs.
The Hawks won the sole game against the Rockets last season, 77-76. Saint Joseph’s had a better free throw rate (0.283 vs. 0.197). Toledo, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (32.4 vs. 25.0).
Saint Joseph’s Hawks at Toledo Rockets Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Toledo, ATS Winner – Toledo, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Hawks average 3.4 blocks per game, which ranks 138th in the nation. The Rockets rank 203rd in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- Saint Joseph’s ranks 262nd in steals per game (4.8) while Toledo ranks 288th (4.0).
- Toledo ranks 59th in three pointers allowed per game (19.0) while Saint Joseph’s ranks 306th (26.0).
- The Rockets rank 25th in assists per game (16.2) while the Hawks rank 272nd (11.4).
- Toledo averages 37.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 80th in the nation. Saint Joseph’s ranks 197th in rebounds allowed per game (35.8).