Expect a fast-paced game when the Saint Joseph’s Hawks (4-20, 0-11 A10) head to Rhode Island to play the Rams (18-6, 10-2 A10). The game will air on CBS Sports Network at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Saint Joseph’s Hawks vs. Rhode Island Rams ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last contest. The Rams were beaten by the sixth-ranked Dayton Flyers, 81-67, while the Hawks were blown out by the St. Bonaventure Bonnies, 74-56.
Saint Joseph’s did a great job of making free throws (6-8; 75.0 percent) while Rhode Island had a turnover percentage of 7.8 (better than their season average of 14.9). Cyril Langevine put together a good outing for Rhode Island with 10 points and 13 rebounds. Ryan Daly, meanwhile led the way for Saint Joseph’s, recording 21 points.
In their first matchup this year, Langevine led the Rams to a 71-61 victory. He registered a double-double with 14 points and 15 rebounds. The Rams’ 7.0 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Hawks, who had a mark of 17.6.
There should be plenty of transition action in this showdown that features a pair of the nation’s more fast-paced teams. Rhode Island ranks 59th in possessions per game (72.0) and Saint Joseph’s is 56th (72.1). Also, the 305th-ranked offense of the Hawks (offensive efficiency of 96.5) will face a tough test against the 52nd-ranked defense of the Rams (defensive efficiency of 94.3).
Saint Joseph’s Hawks at Rhode Island Rams Free Pick
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Rhode Island, ATS Winner – Rhode Island, O/U – Under
- Saint Joseph’s ranks fourth in three pointers attempted per game (30.5) while Rhode Island ranks 267th (17.5).
- The Rams average 3.8 blocks per game, which ranks 67th in the country. The Hawks rank 156th in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- Rhode Island ranks 168th in assists per game (12.7) while Saint Joseph’s ranks 215th in assists allowed per game (14.5).
- The Rams average 39.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 34th in the nation. The Hawks rank 272nd in rebounds allowed per game (39.0).
- Rhode Island ranks 19th in steals per game (8.7) while Saint Joseph’s ranks 223rd (4.7).
- The Hawks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 14.2, up from 11.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rams have scored an average of 77.4 points per game (2.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 67.6 points per game (0.7 below their season average).