Expect a fast-paced game when the Saint Joseph’s Hawks (3-14) head to Penn to play the Quakers (7-6). Action starts at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 18, 2020.
Saint Joseph’s Hawks vs. Penn Quakers Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last contest. The Quakers fell to the Princeton Tigers, 63-58, while the Hawks were defeated by the Rhode Island Rams, 71-61.
Saint Joseph’s had a better free throw rate (0.161 vs. 0.141) while Penn did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (9-10; 90.0 percent). AJ Brodeur had a solid performance for Penn with 22 points and 13 rebounds. Meanwhile, Saint Joseph’s rallied around Ryan Daly, who had 21 points and seven rebounds.
The Quakers won the only game between these two teams last season, 78-70. Penn’s 0.540 effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Saint Joseph’s, who had a rate of 0.424. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
There could be a fair amount of transition action in this battle that showcases a pair of the NCAA’s more up-tempo teams. Penn ranks 55th in possessions per game (72.7) and Saint Joseph’s is 53rd (72.8).
Saint Joseph’s Hawks at Penn Quakers Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Penn, ATS Winner – Penn, O/U – Under
- Saint Joseph’s averages 38.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 66th in the NCAA. Penn ranks 218th in rebounds allowed per game (37.5).
- The Quakers rank 173rd in steals per game (5.8) while the Hawks rank 227th (4.8).
- Penn ranks 91st in blocks per game (3.5) while Saint Joseph’s ranks 142nd in blocks allowed per game (4.7).
- The Quakers rank 22nd in assists per game (16.2) while the Hawks rank 165th in assists allowed per game (13.4).
- Penn ranks 15th in three pointers attempted per game (28.3) while Saint Joseph’s ranks 109th in three pointers allowed per game (21.2).
- During their last five games, the Quakers have scored an average of 75.4 points per game (1.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.0 points per game (5.7 below their season average).
- The Hawks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 15.8, up from 11.8 for the season.