The Saint Joseph’s Hawks (4-15, 0-6 A10) will be at the Charles E. Smith Center to challenge the George Washington Colonials (8-11, 2-4 A10) in an A10 matchup. Action starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 25, 2020.
Saint Joseph’s Hawks at George Washington Colonials Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last outing. The Colonials fell to the Fordham Rams, 59-54, while the Hawks were defeated by the VCU Rams, 73-60.
Saint Joseph’s did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (19-25; 76.0 percent) while George Washington held Fordham to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.1 (below their season average of 26.0). George Washington rallied around Armel Potter, who put up 15 points and six rebounds. Rahmir Moore had a good outing for Saint Joseph’s, putting up 10 points and eight rebounds.
The Colonials won the sole game between these two teams last year, 70-56. One of George Washington’s biggest strengths was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 19-22 (86.4 percent), while the Hawks were just 9-14 (64.3 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
It will be a showdown of opposite tempos as the up-and-down Hawks (ranked 45th in the nation in possessions per game) will look to push the more methodical Colonials (307th in possessions per game).
Saint Joseph’s Hawks at George Washington Colonials Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – George Washington, ATS Winner – Saint Joseph’s, O/U – Under
- Saint Joseph’s ranks 62nd in rebounds per game (38.6) while George Washington ranks 236th (33.4).
- The Colonials rank 47th in blocks per game (4.4) while the Hawks rank 146th in blocks allowed per game (4.3).
- The Colonials rank ninth in three pointers allowed per game (16.2) while the Hawks rank 153rd (21.9).
- George Washington ranks 39th in assists allowed per game (10.5) while Saint Joseph’s ranks 174th (13.5).
- The Hawks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.2, down from 10.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Colonials have scored an average of 64.2 points per game (2.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 61.2 points per game (5.9 below their season average).