The Saint Joseph’s Hawks (5-21, 1-12 A10) will be at EagleBank Arena to clash with the George Mason Patriots (14-12, 3-10 A10) in an A10 matchup. The game will air on NBC Sports Network at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Saint Joseph’s Hawks at George Mason Patriots ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Patriots were beaten by the Richmond Spiders, 65-50, while the Hawks won a close one over the Davidson Wildcats, 73-72.
The Hawks, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.458, had a superb mark of 0.575 and had a turnover percentage of 13.0 (better than their season average of 16.9). George Mason, meanwhile, did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (10-12; 83.3 percent). Jordan Miller had a good outing for George Mason, putting up 11 points and nine rebounds. Cameron Brown, meanwhile played a pivotal role for Saint Joseph’s with 24 points.
The Patriots won the only contest between these two teams last season, 85-60. The Patriots’ turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Hawks. George Mason had a rate of 8.3, while Saint Joseph’s posted a mark of 17.4. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The offensive glass should be a major advantage for George Mason in this matchup. The Patriots currently rank 39th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.1 percent), while Saint Joseph’s ranks 182nd in defensive rebounding percentage (72.1 percent). It will also be a showdown of opposite styles as the fast-breaking Hawks rank 57th in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Patriots rank 290th.
Saint Joseph’s at George Mason Free Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Saint Joseph’s, ATS Winner – Saint Joseph’s, O/U – Under
- Saint Joseph’s ranks fifth in three pointers attempted per game (30.0) while George Mason ranks 223rd (19.6).
- The Patriots rank 142nd in steals per game (6.2) while the Hawks rank 242nd (4.7).
- George Mason ranks 133rd in assists allowed per game (12.5) while Saint Joseph’s ranks 229th (14.5).
- The Patriots rank 84th in rebounds per game (37.3) while the Hawks rank 280th in rebounds allowed per game (39.0).
- George Mason averages 4.7 blocks per game, which ranks 23rd in the NCAA. Saint Joseph’s ranks 164th in blocks allowed per game (4.3).
- The Patriots’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.4, up from 0.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 64.6 points per game (4.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.0 points per game (4.5 below their season average).