The Longwood Lancers (0-2) will be at home in Willett Hall when they clash against the Saint Francis U Red Flash (0-2). Tip-off is scheduled for 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017.
Saint Francis U Red Flash vs. Longwood Lancers Free Preview
The last time the Red Flash played, they fell to the San Francisco Dons, 75-63. Jamaal King had a solid game for Saint Francis U, leading the team in scoring with 13 points on 6-for-13 shooting. San Francisco had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.570 vs. 0.427). Saint Francis U, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (16.9 vs. 20.2).
The Lancers are hoping for a better outcome after their 87-77 loss to the Columbia Lions in their last matchup. With 17 points, 10 rebounds and six assists, BK Ashe put together a solid performance for Longwood. Columbia had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (27.0 vs. 9.1). Longwood, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.268 vs. 0.175).
Longwood may have trouble getting to the charity stripe in this battle. Since the 2016-17 season, the Lancers rank 288th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.217, while Saint Francis U ranks fifth in FTA rate allowed (0.169).
The Red Flash won the only game against the Lancers last season, 87-72. The Red Flash dominated every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 35.5 and a turnover percentage of 16.7. The Lancers were 23.5 and 24.9, respectively, for those same stats.
Saint Francis U Red Flash at Longwood Lancers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Saint Francis U, ATS Winner – Saint Francis U, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Lancers rank 19th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while the Red Flash rank 143rd (3.4).
- Longwood ranks 177th in three pointers allowed per game (21.4) while Saint Francis U ranks 299th (25.1).
- Saint Francis U ranks 113th in steals per game (6.6) while Longwood ranks 267th in steals allowed per game (7.9).
- The Red Flash rank 156th in rebounds per game (36.1) while the Lancers rank 310th (30.6).
- Saint Francis U ranks 157th in assists per game (13.6) while Longwood ranks 302nd (10.9).