The VCU Rams welcome the Saint Francis U Red Flash to Stuart Siegel Center to get their seasons going. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 5, 2019.
Saint Francis U Red Flash at VCU Rams Betting Odds
VCU went to the tournament last season after a 24-5 regular season campaign that earned them an eight seed in the tournament. They were defeated in the First Round by the UCF Knights. Saint Francis U, meanwhile, failed to make the tournament following a 16-13 regular season campaign.
VCU appears to have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. Last season, the Rams ranked third in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.435), while Saint Francis U was 242nd in effective field goal percentage (0.497). Additionally, the Red Flash, who ranked 26th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.4 percent), will go head-to-head against the Rams, who ranked 274th in defensive rebounding percentage (69.3 percent).
Saint Francis U Red Flash at VCU Rams Betting Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – VCU, ATS Winner – VCU, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- VCU ranks 35th in blocks per game (4.5) while Saint Francis U ranks 233rd in blocks allowed per game (4.4).
- The Red Flash average 37.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 55th in the country. The Rams rank 203rd in rebounds allowed per game (35.7).
- Saint Francis U ranks 31st in steals allowed per game (5.1) while VCU ranks 157th (6.4).
- The Rams rank 12th in three pointers allowed per game (18.3) while the Red Flash rank 198th (23.1).
- VCU ranks 32nd in assists allowed per game (10.8) while Saint Francis U ranks 205th (13.9).