The No. 22 Saint Mary’s Gaels and Saint Francis U Red Flash will square off at McKeon Pavilion to get their seasons going. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 11, 2017.
Saint Francis U Red Flash vs. Saint Mary’s Gaels Odds Preview
Saint Mary’s made it to the Second Round last season as a seven seed in the tournament, where the Arizona Wildcats defeated them. The Gaels went 28-4 in the regular season. Saint Francis U, meanwhile, was unable reach the tournament following a 16-16 regular season campaign.
The offensive glass should be a major advantage for Saint Mary’s in this showdown. The Gaels ranked 60th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.1 percent), while Saint Francis U ranked 295th in defensive rebounding percentage (68.1 percent) last season. Additionally, the Red Flash, who ranked 313th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.205), will go head-to-head against the Gaels, who ranked 15th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.184).
Saint Francis U Red Flash vs. Saint Mary’s Gaels Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Saint Francis U, ATS Winner – Saint Francis U, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Red Flash rank 110th in steals per game (6.6) while the Gaels rank 283rd (4.2).
- Saint Mary’s ranks 16th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while Saint Francis U ranks 141st (3.4).
- Saint Mary’s ranks first in three pointers allowed per game (14.6) while Saint Francis U ranks 298th (25.1).
- The Gaels rank first in assists allowed per game (8.7) while the Red Flash rank 239th (14.5).
- Saint Mary’s ranks first in rebounds allowed per game (26.5) while Saint Francis U ranks 228th (36.6).