The Richmond Spiders will start their season on their home court when they clash with the Saint Francis U Red Flash (0-1) at Robins Center. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, November 8, 2019.
Saint Francis U Red Flash at Richmond Spiders ATS Odds
The Red Flash fell to the 25th-ranked VCU Rams in their last outing, 72-58. Saint Francis U’s Keith Braxton had a good performance, finishing with 11 points and six rebounds. VCU had a much better free throw rate (0.273 vs. 0.154). Saint Francis U, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (31.9 vs. 29.4).
Richmond was unable make the tournament following a 12-17 regular season campaign last season.
On the other side, the Spiders were 12-17 SU and 15-15 ATS last season. The Spiders’ games had a tendency to go over the O/U total (73.3 percent).
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Richmond figures to have a significant advantage. Since last season, the Spiders offense ranks 45th in that metric at 0.541, while the Saint Francis U defense ranks 310th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.531). Additionally, the Red Flash rank 30th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.3 percent), while the Spiders rank 255th in defensive rebounding percentage (70.1 percent).
Saint Francis U Red Flash vs. Richmond Spiders ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Richmond, ATS Winner – Richmond, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Saint Francis U ranks 62nd in rebounds per game (37.8) while Richmond ranks 314th (29.0).
- The Spiders rank 44th in steals per game (7.5) while the Red Flash rank 89th (6.9).
- Richmond averages 21.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 187th in the country. Saint Francis U ranks 191st in three pointers allowed per game (22.8).
- The Spiders rank 26th in assists per game (15.7) while the Red Flash rank 218th (12.4).
- Richmond ranks 103rd in blocks allowed per game (3.1) while Saint Francis U ranks 231st (4.4).