The Saint Francis U Red Flash (16-8, 9-4 NEC) will be at Knott Arena to meet the Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers (10-15, 6-6 NEC) in a NEC matchup. Action starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Saint Francis U Red Flash at Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Mountaineers were beaten by the Robert Morris Colonials, 77-60, while the Red Flash were victorious over the Wagner Seahawks, 85-68.
The Red Flash knocked down 19 of their 21 free throws (90.5 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.611 (above their season average of 0.512). Mount St. Mary’s, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (14-19; 73.7 percent). Mount St. Mary’s received a boost from Malik Jefferson, who put up 17 points and eight rebounds. Keith Braxton, meanwhile played well for Saint Francis U, putting up 22 points.
The Red Flash dominated this series last year, emerging victorious in both games. In the most recent matchup, Saint Francis U won 72-63. Saint Francis U out-rebounded Mount St. Mary’s. The Red Flash had 17 offensive rebounds and 44 total rebounds, while the Mountaineers had five and 36, respectively. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
The high-powered offense of Saint Francis U will clash against the mid-tier defense of Mount St. Mary’s. The Red Flash currently rank 32nd in offensive efficiency, while the Mountaineers are 201st in defensive efficiency. The Red Flash should have the edge on that side of the ball.
Saint Francis U Red Flash at Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Saint Francis U, ATS Winner – Saint Francis U, O/U – Over
- Mount St. Mary’s ranks 151st in three pointers attempted per game (22.0) while Saint Francis U ranks 266th (17.5).
- The Red Flash rank 213th in assists per game (11.7) while the Mountaineers rank 243rd (10.8).
- Mount St. Mary’s ranks 103rd in blocks per game (3.3) while Saint Francis U ranks 129th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- The Mountaineers rank 36th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while the Red Flash rank 92nd (6.2).
- Saint Francis U averages 36.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 112th in the country. Mount St. Mary’s ranks 142nd in rebounds allowed per game (34.8).
- During their last five games, the Red Flash have scored an average of 80.4 points per game (2.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 72.6 points per game (0.4 below their season average).
- The Mountaineers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.2, up from 1.5 for the season.