The Sacred Heart Pioneers (4-4) will travel to the Costello Athletic Center to go head-to-head against the UMass Lowell River Hawks (4-5). The game begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 4, 2019.
Sacred Heart Pioneers at UMass Lowell River Hawks Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The River Hawks barely escaped the Central Connecticut State Blue Devils 73-71, while the Pioneers won big over the Pine Manor Gators 101-57.
Sacred Heart played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.0 (better than their season average of 20.0) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.552 (above their season average of 0.490). Pine Manor was 21.4 and 0.357, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, UMass Lowell dominated nearly every stat category in their game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.254 (above their season average of 0.210) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.8 (above their season average of 32.4). Central Connecticut State recorded marks of 0.067 and 16.1, respectively, for those same stats. Obadiah Noel fueled UMass Lowell with 16 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, E.J. Anosike had a solid performance for Sacred Heart, finishing with 26 points and 14 rebounds.
The River Hawks dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the last game, UMass Lowell won 100-91. UMass Lowell had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.596 vs. 0.493). Sacred Heart, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (40.9 vs. 33.3).
UMass Lowell figures to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. Dating back to last season, the River Hawks rank 76th in effective field goal percentage (0.530), while Sacred Heart ranks 200th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.504).
Sacred Heart Pioneers at UMass Lowell River Hawks Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – UMass Lowell, ATS Winner – UMass Lowell, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- UMass Lowell averages 15.5 assists per game, which ranks 32nd in the country. Sacred Heart ranks 284th in assists allowed per game (14.8).
- The River Hawks rank 152nd in three pointers allowed per game (22.0) while the Pioneers rank 248th (23.9).
- UMass Lowell ranks 216th in steals per game (5.8) while Sacred Heart ranks 253rd in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- The Pioneers average 39.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 23rd in the NCAA. The River Hawks rank 189th in rebounds allowed per game (35.4).
- Sacred Heart ranks 67th in blocks per game (4.2) while UMass Lowell ranks 209th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).