It will be a battle between two sensational offenses when the St. John’s Red Storm (11-0) clash with the Sacred Heart Pioneers (4-7) at Carnesecca Arena. The game gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 22, 2018.
Sacred Heart Pioneers vs. St. John’s Red Storm Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Red Storm won big over the Loyola Maryland Greyhounds, 76-55, while the Pioneers fell to the Holy Cross Crusaders, 93-81.
St. John’s played a nearly flawless contest. They had a turnover percentage of 20.1 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.500. Loyola Maryland was 29.2 and 0.375, respectively, for those same stats. Sacred Heart, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.261 vs. 0.190). Shamorie Ponds had a solid outing for St. John’s with 20 points. Meanwhile, Koreem Ozier had a good game for Sacred Heart, finishing with 23 points.
The Red Storm won the sole game between these two teams last year, 90-55. The Red Storm’s turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Pioneers. St. John’s had a rate of 15.7, while Sacred Heart posted a mark of 31.4. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Sean Hoehn has been playing at a high level as of late for Sacred Heart, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
St. John’s could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their high-powered offense squares off against one of the nation’s worst defenses. The Red Storm currently rank 46th in offensive efficiency, while Sacred Heart ranks 317th in defensive efficiency.
Sacred Heart Pioneers at St. John’s Red Storm Odds Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – St. John’s, O/U – Over
- St. John’s ranks 48th in assists allowed per game (11.3) while Sacred Heart ranks 214th (16.7).
- The Red Storm rank 16th in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while the Pioneers rank 108th (3.7).
- Sacred Heart ranks 45th in rebounds per game (39.4) while St. John’s ranks 129th in rebounds allowed per game (35.0).
- The Red Storm rank 17th in steals per game (8.8) while the Pioneers rank 167th (5.0).
- St. John’s ranks 106th in three pointers attempted per game (23.5) while Sacred Heart ranks 242nd in three pointers allowed per game (27.1).
- The Red Storm’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.6, down from 13.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pioneers have scored an average of 88.2 points per game (6.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 83.8 points per game (1.9 above their season average).