The Sacred Heart Pioneers (10-7, 3-1 NEC) will be at DeGol Arena to take on the Saint Francis U Red Flash (11-5, 4-1 NEC) in a NEC matchup. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 18, 2020.
Sacred Heart Pioneers at Saint Francis U Red Flash ATS Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Red Flash defeated the Fairleigh Dickinson Knights 100-85, while the Pioneers beat the Central Connecticut State Blue Devils 66-55.
Sacred Heart dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 52.2 (above their season average of 34.9) and a turnover percentage of 12.7 (better than their season average of 17.4). Central Connecticut State put up marks of 20.6 and 17.7, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, Saint Francis U dominated every facet of their game. They had a free throw rate of 0.231 (matching their season average) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.654 (above their season average of 0.504). Fairleigh Dickinson put up marks of 0.182 and 0.553, respectively, for those same stats. Isaiah Blackmon was a key piece for Saint Francis U with 25 points. Meanwhile, Sacred Heart received a boost from E.J. Anosike, who contributed 21 points and 14 rebounds.
This was a highly contested series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. The Pioneers won the last contest 94-84. Sacred Heart had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.663 vs. 0.438). Saint Francis U, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (10.0 vs. 18.5). This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Saint Francis U does a solid job at getting to the charity stripe. They rank 16th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.290), but Sacred Heart is among the best in the nation at keeping opponents off the line (ranking 26th by allowing a FTA rate of 0.159).
Sacred Heart Pioneers vs. Saint Francis U Red Flash Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Saint Francis U, ATS Winner – Saint Francis U, O/U – Under
- Sacred Heart ranks 94th in three pointers attempted per game (23.4) while Saint Francis U ranks 235th (18.3).
- The Red Flash rank 102nd in steals per game (7.0) while the Pioneers rank 159th in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- Sacred Heart ranks 71st in blocks per game (3.8) while Saint Francis U ranks 94th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- The Pioneers rank seventh in rebounds per game (41.8) while the Red Flash rank 110th (36.9).
- Saint Francis U ranks 130th in assists allowed per game (12.5) while Sacred Heart ranks 233rd (15.8).
- The Red Flash’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.8, up from 6.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pioneers have scored an average of 69.4 points per game (7.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.2 points per game (5.0 below their season average).